DAYS: June 2016 Discussion Thread

• Members

Christ, let's just do it. When the time comes that DAYS is cancelled, I secretly hope they'll do some sort of quick wrap down memory lane via revisited storylines, similar to OLTL when they celebrated their 40th in the summer of 2008. Have Marlena turn into a panther, levitate, morph into Eileen Davidson... have rubber masks... mind control.... activate a couple computer chips in peoples' heads via satellite... bring back Celeste to foretell doom 'n gloom... Parisian underground tunnels... a woman wearing white lace over her face haunting the tiny Salem park... do it all. Throw out the kitchen sink and have it knock someone in the head so they have amnesia. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And 17 years on daytime and he's still nearly as bad of an actor as he was when he started on Passions. Look, he's passable, and likable, but he's never been great. He does certain things well and I liked his chemistry with a few people. But Rafe as a character has failed. Just as Daniel did. I still don't care about any of Rafe's family. I like Gabi but she gets zero airtime. His mother's annoying (I feel like the actress is wasted and I just can't picture her with A Martinez). Blanca has potential but even then I still don't care. Eduardo's grown on me. Dario's a total waste of a contract. We get rid of Greg Vaughan to let Jordi Vilasuso be wasted completely as Dario. Sigh. And I appreciate DAYS wanting a hispanic family, but this group proves you shouldn't just have minorities to have minorities.

It's not that hard to make DAYS an interesting soap. It really isn't.

• Members

They can't actually be pursuing a romantic triangle with Aiden, Hope and Rafe after his son raped her daughter, right? I'm crazy?

They can't actually have Hope and Ciara forgiving Chase?

• Members

If you are going to have a hispanic family TPTB need to hire actors that can actually act.  Galen isn't a very good actor. His acting hasn't improved at all from his time as Passions. Rafe's mother should have been cast as his grandmother and not mother. The actress is good in spanish novelas..but she is miscast here as the mom. The actress who plays Bianca is a great actress on novelas…but her accent when speaking in English is throwing me off. I wish she could hide her accent while saying her lines. Jordi Vilasuso is an awful actor. He was bad on GL and on Days too. He needs to stick to just modeling.  

Archived