DAYS: June 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

damn, WTF, she's already gone. The character was a waste but did I miss something or did she not even get an exit? I wonder if they will even mention that she's no longer in town or if she will just end up being forgotten

• Members

This is Josh and Beth's writing. Dena was on her LOA when these episodes were written.

Vincent Irizarry doesn't have chemistry with anyone on this show. He is extremely bland.

Her last scene was at the police station listening in on Shawn and Belle's conversation.

• Members

Gosh, I haven't watched or been tempted to watch in a couple of months. I try to peak in through daily write-ups, but I honestly can't find anything to care about. Seriously, is there anything that DAYS hasn't tried during the past 5-10 years that could get people back? It just saddens me greatly because the show could be good. If there is any hope of improvement on the horizon, I'd love to know. 

• Members

LOL @

lmao. He's too busy on the golf course.

But yeah the show is boring. I'm struggling to remember anything from Wed/Thurs/Fri's episodes that I somehow powered through. I watched Andre/Chad. Thaao looks slightly healthier in the face, did he lose some weight?

Hope looks like a moron for going away with Aiden. Why bring him back just to repeat the same story? LOL I like Daniel Cosgrove and I don't mind Aiden, but none of this works. How does Kristian get so much damn airtime? I'm sure a few actors would like her frequent stories and airtime. Can she take a vacation? I need a long Hope break and then I need them to refresh her character. Her awful acting daughter doesn't help. How does SHE continue to get so much damn airtime? Bless Deidre Hall for not bursting out laughing in scenes with her. It's nice seeing Marlena in her role as town therapist.

Kate Mansi has put in some work. It was nice she had been able to "say goodbye" to Deidre, Missy Reeves, Flynn, Casey Moss, etc. I still don't think enough time or proper writing has been put into Abby's story. It's just a plot device to keep Chabby apart. It's not about Abby struggling. JMO. I hope they use Laura correctly if she's used in this story when she comes back. When does Bauer first air?

I don't find Chloe or Deimos at all interesting. They have zero chemistry even as they rip each other's clothes off. So Deimos has been thrown with Kate, Nicole and now Chloe. I don't mind all three in a story together but it just feels .... tired. And everytime Nicole bonds with that dirtbag Dario I envision Eric. Sigh. And Deimos isn't working. Love Vincent but they're wasting him, just like I expected them to. If he were a woman he'd be out the door without an exit (Sal Stowers and Lani are done, FYI)

I did like Paul and John bonding. FINALLY. And Brady actually had scenes with them! I lol at Victor when he bashes people sometimes but I'm just tired of it always being what comes out of his mouth. IDK.

Everything is just so .... blah

• Members

Gosh, you'd think someone would try to make DAYS interesting again. I never imagined that it would be boring - erratic, illogical, crazy, etc., but NEVER boring. DAYS should pull a Bewitched or other 60s sitcoms and just recycle nearly the exact same scripts from earlier seasons. (I guess that was a thing with comedies during that era because they ran out of ideas and had to produce far more episodes than today.) Just dust off four of the best arcs from previous years and run them for six months, etc. Keep basically the same dialogue and just slot whatever characters are available. Turn Mama Rafe into Vivian and have Hope bury her alive - that would work for me. Have Ciara get possessed - at least her acting could be excused, and so forth. I'd rather see carbon retreads of classic storytelling than this. 

Archived