ATWT Alum Joins GH

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You're probably right. I was mostly mentioning him because I can't really go on about Trent Dawson not having chemistry with women when I've never seen de Vry have a drop with a woman on GH in spite of being marketed in a zillion rutting scenes with NLG for what felt like 5 years. 

• Members

I think deVry has decent chemistry with NLG, but it's far from suited to some frontburner, earnest romantic couple, and frankly he always seems much more into himself. And I do think this whole story - him tripling down on murder and deception and telling Alexis this is the life she bought - is the setup to end him for good. It's actually good drama, as opposed to the soppy schlock they pitched at them over the last year to try and sell them as Luke and Laura.

I do think Trent Dawson had decent chemistry with Terri Conn, Colleen Zenk, etc. But I just tired of him and Henry period. I'm tired of coded gay characters winking at the audience on soaps and being pussyhounds. Only omnisexual David Vickers really worked, and he didn't work for everyone.

• Members

I don't watch GH, never have, and I probably never will again from my "taste tests" over the years but seriously this male homosexual I am  who once fantasized about Henry and Mike Collier's Mike Kasnoff being in the ones in that infamous shower scene here was a very surprised to see Trent Dawson is currently married to a woman! 

I wouldn't had usually replied, but I just had to defend both Trent Dawson and Grayson McCouch.  I never had a problem with Henry or Dawson and felt the Henry character was always entertaining although trying to tie him and his family to that stupid serial killer and then to him being James Stenbeck's son was way too far reaching. I'd rather watch Lucinda, Lisa, and Barbara fight over Henry than see Henry be with Katie or Vienna any minute. 

As for McCouch although I never saw the original Dusty but after Brian Bloom showed his ass about his time on ATWT and also turned out be a bona fide diva even with voice acting I guess I grew to love Grayson McCouch as Dusty rather be opposed to it. He had great chemistry with Bryne and was fabulous with Jennifer Ferrin and  had something with KMH. I blame it more on the writing for Dusty moreso than on the acting; it's ironic fans preferred someone so very dismissive of ATWT who never successfully achieved fame as opposed to someone who achieved fame and had nothing but respect for ATWT. and soaps but I'm probably biased after meeting McCouch in person that I felt his Dusty was intergral part to ATWT and felt cheated we never got a Dusty and Lily 2.0 aside from teasings here and there. 

• Members

To be clear, I am not saying Trent Dawson is gay. I am saying Henry was definitely coded gay early on and stayed that way despite what they did with him.

Incidentally, Rock Hudson was also married.

• 1 month later...

Archived