MacGyver: Discussion Thread

Damn, it looks even worse than I thought it would.

Just NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LMAO

It looks like an SNL parody. And what's with that surfer dude hair? Did they want to make sure no one felt RDA's own hair in that era wasn't so bad after all?

It looks like an SNL parody. And what's with that surfer dude hair? Did they want to make sure no one felt RDA's own hair in that era wasn't so bad after all?

LOL!

I kept thinking, on one hand, I appreciate the non-cookie cutter casting, at least in terms of the guy's look... but he looks so damn weird, awkward and out of place.

I wonder if he'll cut it soon after (IF the show manages to survive).

It's nice to see George Eads again. I flove him. I don't care for the actor playing MacGyver. He looks like a surfer dude. So is RDA going to make an appearance as his Dad?

I don't understand the point of remaking old crime/action dramas if they're all going to have the exact same look and feel. This has the same tone as Hawaii Five-0, yet the original Five-O and original MacGyver weren't very similar at all.

I remember Lindsey Wagner calling TPTB out on this when they remade Bionic Woman.

Edited by All My Shadows

It looks very generic and by the numbers. The type of show CBS loves to put on air. Couldn't they at least have given the ginger surfer boy's hair a light trim. I liked George Eads since his days on the short lived Savannah.

• 5 weeks later...

They're re-imagining the re-imagining :lol: That pilot must have been every bit as bad as it looked.

Sounds like they've completely thrown out everything. It's so funny that they've even changed the whole character of one of the leads. Surprising that that weird MacGyver pick hasn't been done away with. And don't get me started on the roommate sidekick. :rolleyes: This seems like it's gonna be a trainwreck. 

I can't see it doing well, especially Friday @ 8 ... It would be a good fit for that slot, too. In theory anyway. If it gets the Amazing Race back on sooner ...

They're re-imagining the re-imagining https://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/uploads/emoticons/default_laugh.png That pilot must have been every bit as bad as it looked.

Sounds like they've completely thrown out everything. It's so funny that they've even changed the whole character of one of the leads. Surprising that that weird MacGyver pick hasn't been done away with. And don't get me started on the roommate sidekick. https://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/uploads/emoticons/default_rolleyes.gif This seems like it's gonna be a trainwreck. 

Look at the comments for the trailer LMAO. This is going to fail so bad :D

Look at the comments for the trailer LMAO. This is going to fail so bad https://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/uploads/emoticons/default_biggrin.png

They are getting dragged to hell and back!

I mean, this is CBS. They might get enough out of it to get it to go on in a mediocre fashion for a few years, but I won't expect much else. lol