GH: March 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I watched an entire episode.  First time in ages.  It featured Anna, Laura, Tracy and Monica.  All characters I love.  It was nice to see them.  But...it was deadly dull.  So my assessment of Passanante (no matter her HW partners) stands after all these years. She is a generic soap writer who lacks energy and depth.

Its not just because it moves slowly.  With somebody like Bill Bell, or Labine, slow character driven writing is riviting.  With the GL dream team headed by Curlee, the stories may have moved slowly but that was because all the beats got played from all the characters points of view.  With Reilly, it could be excruciating how slow it moved, but it was also amped up for maximum entertainment value.  But this GH is just dull.

• Members

I am tired of reading people dissing Jean P saying she is dull. All I read here is boring dull putting me to sleep. U have to get lost in her vision. She moves slower but u can't miss our on all the character. Jean writing is riveting in a quiet way.

Labine writing for OLTL was very dull it was a bunch of Mish mash. I was bored to tears with her writing for the show and her GL was what I call el stinko. I loved Labine on her other shows but she's been out of biz for 15 years.  Jean is still currently in biz and people respect her just as much she's underrated when it comes to acclaim 

• Members

I quit my job so I'm gonna be home alot during the day soon and was trying to get back into the soaps and good lord GH is a mess! I haven't watched steady over the past few years but the show is like an all time low now. I'll just start with the characters in my age range cuz I'm not sure what demo they're going for at this point especially with that promo.

Michael, Morgan, Kristina, Molly - All bland characters played by lackluster actors who don't even have interesting offscreen personalities. This is the next generation of GH? Michael is probably the best of the bunch but he's just boring and has always been as played by CD. I mean it was laughable when he was the hotheaded irrational tool who wanted to be in the mob and had a quick temper but Zen Michael is even worse. Morgan is a character that's just all over the place. The attempts to make him the AJ to the suddenly matured and mellowed Michael's Jason fell flat. The character has really not evolved outside of being a dbag except now they're using bipolar disorder to make excuses for him being a dbag. He also shows no signs of having attended military school at all. Where's the structure and discipline?  Why did they bring back Lexi as Kristina? She was terrible her first run. And she hasn't improved much during her time away. She still has the same annoying smug face and lacks screen presence. Sometimes she's as sleepy as KeMo in scenes. And why give a sexual fluidity story to someone who hasn't had sexual chemistry with anyone? And where are they going with this crap with the 40 some professor?  That mob princess stuff and marriage to old man Trey during Kristina's last run was awful. They could've redeemed themselves and started fresh with a new recast. Why is Molly even still around? HP has been on for damn near a decade almost and has not had one memorable story. Plus she's just not a good actress. I watched Instant Mom and she had no comedic timing on that. All 4 of them need to go. Not one of those characters has even had a good romance.

All this fuss over Sleepy Face Easton is embarrassing and annoying. Another interloper character that will never catch on no matter how hard FV shoves him down our throats. Instead of making this silly and annoying promo they could've used the money for extra's in hospital scenes. Since the halls of General Hospital look like a ghost town. All this pomp and circumstance over absolutely nothing.

• Members

I'd  much rather the $ spent on Bobbi, Scott, Lucy, Kevin, Mac, Felicia than this mess...

Can't they just face facts that these pets that joined during RC's tenure are reviled by long time fans? 

Oh well, more FFing...

Please register in order to view this content

Archived