GH: March 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

While I'm not a Hayden fan, I do like the slow friendship build with Curtis. Donnell Turner is a decent addition to the cast, and he has chemistry with almost everyone he interacts with.

Andre Maddux should have been Tom and Simone's son Tommy. A character with roots in the community would have been good, and he would have followed in Tom's footsteps as a therapist. At least then, I might give a damn about him. As it stands, though, I don't dislike the character, but I'd rather see Kevin Collins.

• Members

Right!  Why they refuse to throw long term fans a bone eludes me. It would cost them nothing.

Sonny and Carly continue to disgust me. "You're the strongest alpha male Sonny" Ugh, so pathetic.  Carly has been unrecognizable for some time now.

I'm glad Sam and Nik are still friendly. I thought she would disown him long term. Really, that would make more sense, but I like their friendship, so whatever.

I think the show is doing a good job fleshing out the relationship issues with Dante and LuLu. It's hard for me to care, since I think they could use some time apart, but still, I give them credit for having detailed discussions at least.

It's nice to see Tracy and Monica.

• Members

I didn't mind the Dante/Lulu scenes. Unlike the last year or so, they were actually acting like a couple, hashing out their issues rather than whining to whoever was in scenes with them.

Budig in scenes with JE, RPW, and DT are wayyyyyyyyy better than a lot of the crap her character has done lately, and I actually like that Nikolas is actually being written as Nikolas, rather than the vengeful Cassadine. He just doesn't work as Snidely Whiplash...

Elizabeth going to Sam at the end made me chuckle. When the two aren't bickering over Filler Killer Thriller Griller Miller, they see past Jakeson, and having a mutual enemy, Hayden makes their scenes more tolerable.

• Members

3/10 episode...

Since the powers that be are never going to stop pushing Sonny/Carly as the central characters on the show,(and I'm certainly not advocating for them to be the tentpoles), today's use of both interested me more than they usually do. 

Carly "introducing" Jason to the dead Q's, and telling him about her past...not bad scenes. At least he seemed interested(Miller doesn't show  up for work, so at least he feigned interest.)

Sonny/Anna scenes... This conversation has been long overdue. If Sonny has to be "that" character, the uneasy alliance with Anna to go after Jillian was the best way to go. FH and Mo's scenes in the past have always showed a grudging respect. Anna has played both sides of the law in the past. I only hope that once CC(Creepy Carlos) finally testifies, Sonny's goons will take him out and he'll finally leave.

Tracy's "mystery" illness du jour(another recycled plot from Pissy) will at least give us more Monica (possibly an Alice sighting), and the return of Ned. Hopefully, some Tracy/Lulu scenes as well. JE should have had prominent story all along. At least she's got one now.

Whatever happened to Justus' marker?...

On today's episode Prince Nik is obsessed with The Great Gatsby. Showing everyone his copy. Dr BitterOldQueen Mays called Dillon Mr.Quartermaine. Dillon didn't correct Dr. Mays. Brad also referred to Dillon as Dillon Q. Jelly and there continuity errors. Jelly's stuff is so by the numbers. Legends like Nixon, Bell. Phillips, Russell, Marland and Slesar infused their writing with something special. Jelly's incapable of this.

Archived