GH: March 2016 Discussion Thread

• Members

That as a criticism doesn't bother me because while I watched GH for years, I always found Y&R to be the bottom of the barrel, most boring show ever.   If they were repeating a story on GH it wouldn't affect the GH viewers who never watched that snoozefest. 

I went to dailymotion to find the episode with Helena's will and I found that sort of fun and had no idea these hacks did it on a previous show.   Yes, the inclusion (intrusion) of Kelly Monaco was an annoyance considering how Helena maybe met Sam once, but the rest of it was fun.   It's always great to see CT and I hope somewhere down the line Helena turns up alive.   The problem for me is not that stories are being repeated, it is the characters the show is furnishing stories for.     There is just no way I can go from Sonny and Jason in 2012 to suddenly watching a show with Faison, Anna, Luke, Laura, Scotty, Lucy and whoever, and then in 2015 go back to watching Sonny, Jason, Carly, Sam and Liz:  the all time dregs of GH characters.  I got spoiled not watching them and not watching a show where people discuss how wonderful Sonny and Jason are, and it is just too big a bitter pill to swallow to go back to that garbage.    Then you add in Budig, Howarth, Stafford and whatever her name is that plays Kiki, and you have a show I gave up.   If the show brings Helena back for a story, or Stavros and Lulu's baby, or perhaps some sort of non-mob crime story for Anna I will tune in, but no way am I tuning in for the second coming of the Guza cast.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I haven't been overly impressed with the new writers, but it's not uncommon for writers of one show to rework certain plots or ideas into other shows they move onto, so it doesn't bother me. Also, while I don't watch Y&R and didn't see this story there, I would imagine it could play out differently on GH since Constance Towers is still alive, leaving the possibility (probability?) that Helena isn't really dead and may have additional ongoing plans.

Anyway, I'm always happy to see Helena (and Constance) show up, and it will be nice to watch Laura dealing with her schemes without Luke around this time. The portion of Monday's show that focused on the reading of the will was a nice start. This and Anna's storyline help keep me watching, even when the show-killing presence of characters such as Alexis, Morgan, Nina, Maxie and Carlos sometimes make me want to completely give GH up.

• Members

Kristina's hysterics with Sonny yesterday was sooo bad. What do they want to do with this story? Does anyone care? Anyone? Nobody? Didn't think so.

Dr. O was looking nice. I'm so tired of the focus on Howarth and Franco. Does Frank have the hots for him too? Does ABC think he's some face that HAS to be on the screen? I just don't get it. Frank was tweeting about his pet yesterday like it was some amazing performance. LMAO.

Same for Michelle Stafford. Nina's an ill-defined character. Why should I care that she is vowing to save Crimson? As Maxie wrings her hands and Dillon looks confused. Emmy winning writing and acting right here, folks. deVry looks so bored. I wish he'd leave. Julian and Alexis are such pathetic characters.

Jason and Sam added literally nothing and were barely on (I kept forgetting about them). Who finds them interesting?

Yesterday must have been bring your pets to work day.

• Members

I thought the same thing when people were talking about the so called amazing performance yesterday. All the ott crying wasn't even needed. Cuz really there was nothing to cry about it. Basically she took the desperate hoe route to try and get a good grade and got turned down yet she's acting like a victim. And i didn't even make sense to try and get just one grade changed when she was in danger of failing multiple classes. I still don't understand how Kristina is still having college drama 5 years later especially when she went into college with plenty of credits already and supposedly took summer classes to get ahead/catch up.  And I never like to side with Sonny but the way they write Kristina all the time he always come off like the better parent. She deserves a tongue lashing instead of Alexis' usual pat on the head and assurance that its "not her fault". 

Nina's magazine plot is the dumbest thing. Its America's fashion magazine yet they're centering it around dull ass Port Charles and nobody Olivia's campaign for breastfeeding. Who's gonna buy copies?  What does Nina know about the fashion industry? Judging by people's outfits its most definitely not important in Port Charles. She and Maxie are trying to run that magazine into the ground. 

JaSam havent added anything to this show in a long time. They aren't even an enjoyable couple. Though to be fair there's no enjoyable couples on this show.

• Members

Jason and Sam are so boring. It's painful to watch KeMo and BM sleepwalk through their scenes together. Can you imagine if they try to do some kind of triangle with them and Easton's 10th character?

This Crimson stuff is ridiculous. Isn't it supposed to be some big international magazine? Why would anyone outside of PC (or even in PC) care about the real women of Port Charles? No reader is going to care about a feature on Epiphany or Bobbie or anyone. Stupid.

What is happening with Howarth's hair?

• Members

But Scummy can't talk about who's lying to whom when he lies and hides behind women and children.  Molly has a right to remind Scummy that he's a POS!  Scummy was more disappointed that Krissy is wasting his ill gotten money than he is concerned that she tried to prostitute herself.  

Scummy is a killer so he really has no room to judge.  Take his financial support away and keep it moving.

• Members

Molly has no problem with Sonny's actions though. She like everyone else has no problem with him being violent when it suits her. And the only reason why she put in her two cents was to coddle Kristina the same way everyone coddles Sonny. That's the problem with that family. Too much hand holding of Sonny, Morgan, and Kristina. Not one of them ever is held accountable for anything.

And she went in with AP credits and did summer courses between sessions and still isn't close to being done. 

• Members

It's not enough.   GH can't give me a show where Faison is the villain, vampires abound, Helena is raising Stavros's baby in a bottle,  Heather is switching babies, Luke is a master criminal, and Anna and Duke are a couple and then take that all away and ask me to watch Jason, Sam and Liz.   Jason, Sam and Liz?!?  You think I can watch that crap, GH?   Have you lost your mind?    It's a pity because it was the two years they weren't the focus that has now made them impossible to watch for me.  

Archived