DAYS: February 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

First Daniel's heart lives on in Brady, then he gets a wing in the hospital named after him, then a shrine in the town square, then we're getting his memories/feelings through Brady, and now a clothing line named after him??  There's probably more to come. 

• Members

If Days is so in love with Daniel why did they fire Shawn Christian. I mean he is getting more greving than both bo & Will ever got. Hell Ciara wants her mom to boink Rafe and Bo has been dead a few months. UGHHHH

• Members

"DJ Wear" is awful. I actually burst out laughing when Nicole said that. I'm sure everyone will be swanning around town in their cheap-ass garments crowing about how they can feel Daniel's spirit moving through them and it's inspiring them to do good things and blah blah. 

Although, honestly, Belle is WORSE than Daniel. She's absolutely heinous to everyone. Can Eric run her down before he goes to jail?

• Members

:lol:

What I don't understand is why SC left? Did he want to go or did they fire him? I still can't believe they killed him off given how much TPTB worship him.

So Jen is addicted to pain pills a couple of weeks after having a serious back injury. Blah. I hate stories like this. Nice to see Lucas trying to support Eric.

JJ was pretty funny trying to talk Abby out of moving into the mansion. "In a couple of years Thomas can play Dungeons and Dragons in a real dungeon".

Hope needs to get it together and pay attention to the teens living under her roof. How about giving Abe a call and letting him know what's going on. Maybe go with Chase to apologize and get him some therapy ASAP.

• Members

The only things that remotely held my interest today was Eric/Jennifer/Lucas, Chad/Justin/Adrienne, Abby/JJ.

The Theo/Chase bullying storyline is falling completely flat, if you even want to call it a storyline at this point. It's nothing but silly angst for Theo/Chase/Ciara instead of a real storyline.

Rafe is so ridiculous with Hope.

• Members

DAYS is a mess.

it improved for a time when new writers came in, but the downhill slide has been fast and furious. We're left with lousy storylines that move too fast, as well as too many characters we don't even LIKE. Oh, and it's funeral city.

And that 50th anniversary? They blew that, too. It wasn't nearly as special as it should have been.

• Members

It's typical, sadly, with DAYS. A new regime comes in and starts off not awful. Then by November it goes downhill. It happened with MarDar and it's happened again. Two times I feel like if left alone the show would be better. Too many cooks in the kitchen.

It is a mess. Too many storylines jumping around. The balance sucks. Characters are back to being isolated. If they're on at all.

This Daniel worship is truly sickening. I mean, it's Bo and Will who? but Daniel gets a shrine in HORTON Town Square. I mean ... who lets this [!@#$%^&*] go on?

Yes to all of this. I'm so annoyed over the 50th.

I'm confused again why they got rid of certain people (Vaughan, Archer and DePaiva should be sticking around not Wilson and Cosgrove), they're bringing certain people BACK (I'm guessing Wilson and Cosgrove aren't sticking around but still ...) and they're continuing to add new face after new face (Fynn, Eduardo, Lani, Deimos, Dario, Hernandez mom, Blanca, Marie Wilson's character, etc.). Funny they have contracts for them but not for Wally Kurth and Judi Evans?

Oh, and the storylines that could be something, get cut and dumped. Or they have no energy in them and they're falling completely flat. Or they've had no buildup. I like the Eric/Jen/Lucas interaction. I liked the Eve/Belle/Claire subplot that went nowhere. The Belle/Phillip/Shawn triangle is already falling flat. I know it's just starting but I don't care like I want to. And the Theo/Chase bullying storyline fell the most flat. So bad.

And I'm not really enjoying Ava/Steve/Kayla or Hope/Rafe so ...

I'd also guess Higs is running things at the moment because of who's focused on and the fact that John and Marlena are back to being afterthoughts (and John looking for his parents and taking down the organization are also falling completely flat).

• Members

JJ's real quick to judge and always hate on Chad for past sins, when he has no problem white washing the fact Gabi is a murderer who shot an unarmed man (his own cousin) 3 times. 

Chad's past sins is nothing compared to what JJ and Gabi's done. 

• Members

Agree 100%.  DAYS is notoriously good at bringing on the schmaltz and sentimentality, and I expected it and anticipated it for the 50th, and they gave us next to nothing. The last time they really dug into their past and pulled out all the stops at respecting the past was Alice's death and funeral in June, 2010.  

• Members

So Philip keeps pictures of Melanie in lingerie around? Um ... ok. Belle clearly loves to have men chasing and panting after her. I'm just still not sure what to make of her anymore. LOL at Claire texting her she had Eve and didn't need her in New York. Heh.

LOL at Deimos having headshots of the Kiriakis + Caroline clan. Like we all do of our enemies -- er, family ;) but I'm sort of intrigued by him and I'm already over hearing about this damn formula.

Gabi and JJ were OK. Paul made his five second cameo.

Steve and Ava was icky. I hate trash like this where in a normal situation the guy wouldn't cheat but of course he's forced into it. So now Ava will get pregnant, I'm assuming. I'm also assuming their kid is dead.

I liked Kayla dreaming/hallucinating about Steve and as he did the deed with Ava he slipped away.

Poor Theo wanted Joey to listen to him but Joey was an ass. Reminds me of how JJ treats Rory. Short and snaps at him. I do love that Theo and Joey are besties.

Kind of a boring show. Glad for no Hope.

Archived