DAYS: February 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

The show has too many characters.  There's no time to develop the story and it's harder to have characters interact with each other.   Like John should be involved in this Stefano-is-dead storyline with Hope, same with Steve who promised Bo he'll be there fore Hope.  John should also be helping Steve with Kayla's kidnapping - whatever happend with their Private Investigation "Black Patch"??  Beemer's Shawn still hasn't had any scenes with Hope or Ciara.  Did we even have a scene with Eric and Belle after the accident?  Chloe had that one line about Belle/Philip when she saw them, but never saw anything after that, the show didn't pick up from that scene.   And there's many other instances.  The writing is just not tight. 

• Members

I thought today's episode (Mon., 2/1) was wonderful!  I have cringed through the new writing regime . . . when I heard Dena f'ing Higley was invited back to pen the show's 50th anniversary, I shook my head in disbelief and I wasn't proven wrong, to me, that it was a disaster.  Despite the downward plummet TomSell took, I knew the show's day-to-day quality would suffer when they left, which it did IMO . . . and I had little positive to say about Higley & Griffin's "Days," but today felt like Broderick's influence or a great script writer like Salmons was present . . . the dialogue was character and history-rich and a hilarious joke from Higley 1.0 with Belle's DOTW panties was used to great effect.  Even Hope/Rafe/Ciara/Chase worked for me.  Everything felt organic and not too cheesy which has been rare since the end of the summer.  Is Beth here yet?  LOL.  The only cringeworthy part was Maggie mourning Daniel.

Additionally, as relieved as I am that Daniel is FINALLY gone, his funeral was well done . . . it's just embittering that Will and Bo's wasn't handled with equal care.  And the real surprise of that episode for me was Eric/Jennifer.  During the 50th celebration, I thought that kiss was played just for laughs, but the other day made me realize that they could be a great couple and what those characters need to be refocused.  It's amazing to think that it wasn't long ago that Jennifer was positioned as the tentpole character of this show, and now she's so aimless.  As a diehard Jack & Jennifer fan, I HATED Dannifer, but I didn't hate Jennifer's prominence . . . and I dare to say that Higley's Hope and Griffin's Kayla aren't any better than TomSell's Jenn, all things considered.  And speaking of legacy heroines, where is Adrienne?!?  LOL

• Members

LB was HW for a month in Oct 1999 but got replaced because EP at the time Tom Langan didnt like that her stories were character driven and she wanted to soras Belle, Shawn, Phillip one at a time whereas Langan wanted it all at once. As you remember he won. Ughh

Now maybe LB is happy with her title and doesnt want the stress that comes being a HW

• Members

Not exactly. She confronted him when he came out of the bedroom. It was mercifully brief. "how could you" You don't hate me as much as I hate myself!" Like that and then Chase ran off. Ciara told Hope and Rafe what happened. Ciara got a text that sounded a little like a suicide note, but really Chase was at home and agreed to wait for Ciara there. Pretty odd. No follow up today.

Joey walking in on Ava and Steve about to have sex was almost funny.  Ava giving that evil little smile. Then Steve nearly choking her to death. I don't hate this story, but it seems so small somehow.  All this talk about going to Indonesia to find her child, while Kayla is hold up in some empty room. I need there to at least be a henchmen or something.

Nicole just lost Daniel and Teresa has a baby and a man at home who just had a heart transplant, but they are already plotting to start their own company? Yeah, ok.

Belle was a total snot to Eve today. Not that it matters since it was Eve's last day, but Belle really annoyed me. She doesn't want to deal with Claire, but she gets mad when someone else is paying attention to her. Go hump Phillip in Vegas wench.

Archived