February 20-24, 2006

Toups

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just finished watching Days. Positives: I thought the toast that the best man gave was good. I also thought that the guy who was talking to Abe (I forgot his name I think it's John) seemed like a pretty good actor.

Negatives: The impotent storyline seems to have poor execution. I though that Lexi slapping that dude was over the top and Abe seeing the moving van was over the top. I thought that the guy who was talking to Marlena was an okay actor until I saw that flashback where he was threatening John. I like the Marlena lady but even her acting was over the top when she was talking to John. To be honest though I think it was more the dialogue than the acting.

Overall if they toned down the over acting and improved the dialogue the show would be more interesting to me. Some of the storyline concepts seem okay but it's the execution that I don't really like. I am going to watch next week though.

Who cares if it's more popular online...it's not more popular overall.

• Members

PJA, I watched the same episode and thought it was the best non-Bo/Hope focused episode in ages. Kyle Brandt was, dare I say it, good?? It's obviously not your cup of tea, as it were. Maybe it used to be or whatever, but that's how the world works. It's a television show. Don't watch it for torture. That's why I stopped watching GH *ducks*

• Members

Keith, PJA doesn't even watch the show regularly - never has watched it regular. That is why I got so mad. He/she came on here bashing the show calling it a comedy and admitted he/she had only watched a few episodes. I bash AMC right now and am upset about it, but my decision is based on 30 plus years of viewing - not on a few episodes.

• Members

DAYS has always been probably the most popular soap online and back in the mid 90's even though it wasn't beating Y&R..... I have no doubt it was the most popular soap across North America..... everyone I knew if they were watching soaps, most were watching DAYS.... even non-soap watchers were talking about Marlena's possession... I just have never been able to get into the show.... I always credit it too that I am an AMC lifer and DAYS just happens to air opposite AMC..

Archived