February 20-24, 2006

Toups

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm sorry, but that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard anybody say in regards to soaps in my entire life.

Oh yes, I'm so jealous of DAYS. I wish my soap could have days that lasted two months and repetitive storylines featuring the exact same characters and actors and I wish my soap would have crappy techno background music! And I REALLY wish my soap would be in negotiations for cancellation every so often. That seems fun!

No, thank you. I'm fine with AMC's and ATWT's online popularity. And besides, I don't need message boards and chatrooms full of kewl tEEnagd grlz to like my show in order for me to like it.

And besides, who cares? I can find more than enough ATWT and AMC information whenever I look for it anyway.

• Members

You can't get so upset over someone's opinion. You can hear in just one episode that Days has some cartoonish dialogue and over the top acting. Am I supposed to believe that the dialogue is cartoonish one day and sharp ,intelligent, and realistic the next??

Now some people may like Days the way its...good for them. I however don't and I don't need to watch a show for 30 years to know what I don't like.

• Members

We might as well give it up Keith and King. We are so dumb that we cannot even tell what a good soap opera is. Why I can't believe it took someone like PJA to come along and watch our show a few times to tell us that it is cartoonish and has bad over the top acting. I am just so glad I have been enlightened by this great piece of soap opera knowledge.

• Members

Yes Claude we all do, but for the most part that bashing is done to our own show or to a show that we have watched more than a few times.

I abhor bashing when people have not seen the show and just do it because everyone else is doing it or it is what they have heard. And I don't like it when someone watches a show a few times and then bashes a show.

I have only seen Passions 3 times in the whole time it has been on the air. I personally did not like the show, but there is no way I would ever come on a message board and put the show down.

For a person to do that is very irresponsible and is not fair to the fans of the show or the show itself.

That is the type of bashing that is going on here today. A person comes on here and bashes a show he/she has only seen a few time.

It is ridiculous and only serves to anger the fans, hurt the show, and make the poster look very immature.

• Members

I did not get to see Monday's episode, but did want to comment on the Wednesday shows. I think Wheeler hit on something here, they seem to be very popular. I did not get to see any of GL last week due to scheduling conflicts, but heard it was pretty good last week and esp. Wednesday was good.

• Members

I did a recap of last Monday's show (I must have short-term memory or something)..but it all came back to me after reading the CBS recap:

- Harley asks if she can go back to the force and be Mallet's partner

- Josh threatens to tell Cassie about how Jeffrey slept with her while posing as Richard. Later, Josh tells Reva that he's sick of being the good guy

- Billy kisses Reva and gets a "Billy Lewis!! Do you wanna get slapped???" reaction from Reva. :lol:

- Jeffrey tells Cassie the truth

- Tammy decides that she and Jonathan will live at Outskirts

This was a really good show..I wasn't too fond with the Harley/Mallet/Dinah/Frank scenes the show focused on moving plots along, relationships (ie. Billy/Reva, Cassie/Tammy), and characters (ie. Josh being sick of being the good guy).

• Members

This is just funny. I am allowed to have an opinion. You don't have to like it. This is a message board where people are allowed to post their opinions about a show regardless of how many times they have watched it and for you to say otherwise is what's unfair.

• Members

If you will look back at my post I did not say you did not have a right to post your opinion. YOu know what they say about opinions - they are like a certain body part - we all have them.

What I did say was that it is irresponsible to post an opinion about a show that you have only watched a few times. Having the right to do something and doing it does not make it a wise thing to do many times. Just be aware that sometimes if we are going to step into the fire we have to accept the heat. We all have our rights but we have to accept the consequences of our actions in exercising those rights many times.

The posts you have made today and yesterday are the first posts you have even made on this board. By making your firsts posts on this message board about bashing a soap that you don't even watch regular, you have angered other posters and made yourself look very bad. I for one would not ever respect or take to heart anything you say again even if it is about the soaps that you watch regularly.

• Members

True.... but opinions should always be valid... I agree with everyone else... you are making a rather unfair judgement of something you never watch (one episode does not a soap make) that would be like me saying some random person I walked by on the street was an awful bad person... LOL without even talking to them or knowing who they are... allowed to have opinions? Yes but they should always be valid.

• Members

It doesnt matter how long u have watched a show. I watched Passions for 2 straight years when it premiered. I quit after that..because it was outrageous and too cartoonish and crazy for my liking. Out of the whole cast...there were only 4 that really stood out for me. This show has poor actors and actresses..plain and simple. As for Days...i have watched it on and off here and there. I used to watch it all the time back in the 80s. Nowadays....i find it cheesy and lacks awesome acting!! Out of the cast..there are maybe 4 or 5 terrific performers. I find Days fake and cheesy..just like Passions!! This is nothing new for me ..i have said it a few times!! Why do u think the Days and Passions cast rarely get acting noms?

Archived