February 20-24, 2006

Toups

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The men's ratings always amaze me because of what people think about men. They have this idea that men like action, etc. But the shows that are popular with men are the shows have really have the least action. Men obviously really love CBS since all 4 shows from CBS seem to stay in or near the top 5.

GH who has the mob as part of it's show almost everyday never seems to do well with men these days.

I guess men's taste are more discerning than people think.

It is good to see Days is holding on okay with the key 18-34 women's ratings. They were only down .1 from last week and .3 from last year.

One other observation that I did not notice until this morning is that compared to a year ago from last week, all the shows except B&B are down in viewers with Passions being down .5 and most of the rest are down by .4 in total households. Hope that trend does not continue.

• Members

I don't watch....I've only seen a few episodes. Days is supposed to be a daytime drama and it has turned into nothing more than a comedy. I remember seeing parodies of soaps on different variety shows and when I watched them I thought that they were just being way over the top. But after seeing a few episode of Days..I see why soaps aren't taken seriously. Watching Days is like watching a parody of a soap. Everything is over the top and the acting is atrocious. And the scripts....I'm not even going to talk about that.

Now I am a CBS soap fan. I have watched all of the CBS soaps on a regular basis at one point or another. I don't watch B&B or GL anymore. With that being said...I do occassionaly glance at other soaps and the only other soaps that seem half-way decent are the ABC soaps (at one point I was hooked on AMC.) But NBC soaps are just atrocious and that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

• Members

Wow I cannot believe that based on a few episodes you could even come on here and judge a program. That is completely uncalled for. Of all the people who have bashed Days of Our Lives on these boards your bashing really takes the cake. How in the world can you come on and put down a show based on a few episodes. Every show has an off day every now and then.

I don't watch Y&R and B&B as much anymore. I would not even dare come on a message board and put them down based on the few times that I watch them a year. I would not even downgrade myself by doing that.

All you are doing by downgrading another soap is downgrading the whole medium and making yourself look bad. You stated yourself that you are basing your opinion on a few episodes.

And I will tell you that you have not tuned into Days as of late and probably not in quite awhile. Days has turned itself around and they like all shows have some bad actors but they have some very talented ones too. Every show has it's fluff, the ones they hire for their looks and not for their talent. Every show on the air is guilty.

Please the next time you decide to bash Days of Our Lives, please make sure you have more information to go on.

• Members

Everytime I watch Days..it's the same thing...bad scripts, bad acting and horrid storylines. A talking babydoll...come on??? That had to be the most ridiculous thing I had ever seen for a so-called drama. I laughed my head off when I saw that. I will agree with you that soaps can have off days..but everytime I watch it, it's a so-called off day. I glance at Days everynow and then just like I do AMC, OLTL and GH. Now how come when I watch them I see decent actors and decent dialogues?? I could even see myself watching them although I don't. It doesn't take more than one episode to realize how badly written a show is. I remember when I watched AMC a couple of years ago I started by watching one episode. Granted, I didn't get hooked on the show after one episode, but that one episode held my interest enough that I wanted to see what happened next. The only reason why I would even watch Days more than two days in a row would be purely for laughter. Days is more like a comedy than a soap.

Lastly, you're right. Days may have turned around and so what I'll do is I'll give it another week. I'll set my DVR up to record Days for today and all of next week and if I'm wrong about it..I'll eat humble pie.

• Members

The girl who had the talking doll was one of the psycho bitches taht all the soaps seem to love these days. Turn in to AMC right now and you will find a lady who talks to her herself in the mirror but sees the old self who she was before she had plastic surgery. Both are just as ridiculous. That doll was part of her character, and I am sure to a novice watcher who did not give the show a chance to understand the character and understant why she talked to the doll, it might look like comedy. That is another reason a person should not bash a show on a messageboard based on a few episodes.

All the soaps have these psycho ladies even Y&R who had Sheila. I did not watch a lot of her last time on the show, but I have read some things about it.

But the girl Jan that you are talking about was mentally disturbed and that was part of the characterization of her character. The same as the psycho lady on AMC talks to herself in the mirror but the lady looks nothing like her.

The girl who played the crazy girl on Days was an okay actress but not one of Days most talented. Days has some of the best performers out there, and they have some of the worst too. But as I said every show on the air does now including Y&R, ATWT, etc.

I don't care whether you watch Days or not, but I would appreciate you not coming on to the message boards and bashing it when you don't even really know what the show is about. I don't do that to the shows I have not watched regularly and I would appreciate the same from others.

• Members

Some people don't seem to get what supernatural is. The last time we had supernatural was 2004, with all of Celeste's gloom and doom. Jan talkign to her dool is supernatural, how? Girl's off her rocker. Nothing supernatural about that. If you're going to basha show, bash it right.

I'm Days' worst criitcal fan. There are so manys I would write the show different, but I digress. That's what my blog fic is for (shameless pkug alert!). No soap is exactly how fans want it, but Days is truly the red-headed step-child of the soap world, with Passions just behind it. There's a reason there are nine soaps, people. Different strokes, for different folks. Maybe Days used to be your stroke and maybe it's not anymore. Feel free to feel that way, but there are many people that just need to move on.

Ryan said it best. Until soaps start writing like it's sweeps year-round, this argument will go in circles until all of us are dead. or the soaps are. Whichever happens first.

• Members

Hi.

I used to watch GL, not anymore, so I can't comment on that.

Now I watch OLTL and Gen Hospital.

I think both of those shows are very good. I have been watching GH since October of 2005, about 4 months, and in that time I have seen only one mob connected story. Sonny is on nearly every day, I think one day a week he might be off, but so far all I have seen is his interaction with his children. I've seen guns pulled by Jason and a couple of others, and during this virus epidemic while they were searching for the serum there were occasions when they needed to use a weapon, but I don't think it has been mob connected. I know GH is said to be about the mob, but there is so much more to it than that. There are wonderful relationships, and romance, and the storytelling is quite good. I know Manny lurks around and I suppose that could end badly one of these days, but for now he is more of a nusiance than anything.

As far as One Life to Live, it is probably the best soap I have watched in a long time. So many stories taking place, if you don't like one, there is always another one. It took me awhile to get to know OLTL, but I decided I wanted to, and now that I have I am so glad I did.

Is there a perfect soap? No need to answer that, because what is perfect for me, wouldn't be perfect for the next fan. What is amazing to me is soaps have all the time in the world (unless cancellation is looming) to tell a story, yet they constantly rush things. Do soaps even develop anything, anymore? I don't think they do, they just jump from plot to plot and character be damned. Of course that statement kind of contradicts my thoughts about GH and OLTL, but I'm just saying soaps in general do it, although I see less of that on GH and OLTL.

The only thing about soaps that bothers me, a lot, is their hatred for fans over the age of 49. I kind of liked what GH producer had to say, that he is beginning to see that all fans matter. duh. I wish those guys/girls would realize that even though fans may be older we have the money. What 50 was 25 years ago, is 49 today. People are living longer. I think if you keep the older viewer, eventually the younger viewer will fall into place. Right now they are turning everybody off with their money hungry attitudes. Ratings prove it.

• Members

Keith, I'm not sure! Actor87 made my sig! :)

Let's be honest here. Every soap fan on the internet who is not a DAYS fan is jealous of DAYS. DAYS' online fanbase is out of control. It's outrageously popular. And they are mad that their soap isn't as popular as their favorite show.

It's time to get over it.

• Members

LMFAO! :lol: Just another slam towards Broderick from McT... I absolutely would have loved for them to bring back Kelsey, and they shudda kept Bobby for this story... maybe if Broderick ever comes back she'd do it.

• Members

I'm not worried. The poster who said 3-7 are interchangeable is right. Look at ATWT several weeks ago with the baby switch conclusion, it was in third place. Then Zach's death and funeral on DAYS propelled that show to third or fourth place. These shows cycle.

Now if GL gets any hotter, it could break that 8-9 rut and then we'd have some fun on our hands. Go GL! :lol:

He's watching the tapes from 2003-2004.

• Members

I've never ever been a fan of DAYS but it certainly is loads better than it was a couple of years ago.... I would still call it more cartoonish than most of the soaps on the air but they have certainly toned it down.

Archived