Y&R: November 2015 Thread

• Members

Welcome to Pratt's rendition of what a soap should consist of. 

But in his mind, he does think he's doing romance by putting together insta-couples like Joe/Lily and Basil/Nick. They'll flirt for a week, screw the next two weeks, then profess their love for each other. Soon, a baby and montages will come to show the audience how so in love the pairing is before he marries them for about a month.  

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

This baby switched would've been better if Sage switched the baby.  Sharon getting her baby back is bigger than Sage getting her baby back. The audience have known Sharon longer and care about her more than they do Sage.  Plus, the stakes would be higher because Sage's secret.   With Dr. Anderson, there are no stakes. 

• Members

So Thanksgiving just gets a mention in Genoa City...UpChuck continues to suck...No Abbotts gathered, no one at the Chancellor Mansion, no Newmans(Well, Nick and Oregano, aaaaaccccccKKKK!!!!).  Just the Winters clan not celebrating (Dru would be disgusted), and a ridiculously stupid baby switch revenge plot a la Kimberly on MP.

B&B does the holiday best, but this crap...Lily banging Joe and realizing he's scum..<yawn>.  Pathetic....

Oh, and remember folks, Parsley is best used as a garnish, not the meal...B)B):lol::lol::lol:

• Members

So now Mariah is collateral damage? Seriously, even she can do math and you don't have a full-term baby in 2-3 months. Mariah, who is skeptical of everything, suddenly just buys this scam? Whaat? Pervin, Dullard, sure, they fall for it because they're men and wouldn't ask questions. I already see how this will play out - and Burning Bush is going to be the heroine as Sharon is tarred and feather, complete with a Nikki dress down. 

• Members

There is also not much in the way of satisfying payoff and little resolution to storylines. First we had only a handful of people finding out about the truth of the Marco/Jack swap. Then they dangled Ian, Patty, and Chloe in front of us with little in the way of having a point or a follow-up(Chloe's "Hazelnut" anyone?). Now we have Neil. Hilary, and Devon just oh so neatly agreeing to sweep the horrendous debacle under a rug. 

Next I suppose we'll see Sage start to turn psycho and pull a Chloe and end up kidnapping her own baby. 

• Members

I doubt it.  They seem intent on making Allspice the purest angel in all the land.  But they might have Sharon fake the baby's death for the second time (once she snaps out of it and realizes what's what) and then hide him again to keep him away from his real parents.

• Members

There are enough people on Twitter and Facebook expressing how much they hate the state of Y&R right now but unfortunately I don't think anything is going to change until the ratings plummet which I hope is very soon.

I have never hoped for a decline in ratings for any soap, but I am now.

• Members

I don't know about that. Isn't this really about Adam getting his baby back and being exposed for a liar (again). Nick and Chelsea finding out Adam's secret and Sharon and Dylan losing "their" baby are the point, imo. This kidnapping never would have happened if Adam wasn't lying. Not sure Sage is all that important in the scheme of things. Not to say Sage doesn't matter at all. This is her only child after all, and getting that back is more interesting than Sharon having yet another child. There was no percentage in that.

Archived