Y&R: November 2015 Thread

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed.  That's why I liked her scenes with Bryton, she had an edge there.  I hope that Hilary isn't morphed back into sugary sweet again.  I also agree she's too young for Neil.  But her mere presence in the story has made it infinitely more interesting   

:wub:

• Members

No, not really. It had a few seasons that were brilliant (seasons 2-3) and then went back and forth between OK, mediocre and just deathly boring. However, even in its great seasons, it was known for being very plot-driven, over-the-top and sensationalist. That was fine for MELROSE but, of course, a horrible fit for the once (mostly) classy and traditional Y&R.

• Members

Thanks GMac.:blush:

Y&R used to do corporate storylines in an interesting and sophisticated way, but for the past 7 years or so, they've done some of the shittiest business storylines I've seen.

I mentioned in previous post that Jill could decide to bring back the Men's Line which ignites a proprietary war between her and Jabot, with Newman trying to figure out some way that they can get in on the action.  Jill and Hilary with Michael as legal counsel discover a loophole, while risky can help Jill walk away with rights to the Men's Line.  Jill, confident that she will get intellectual rights to the Men's Line, contracts Chelsea to design a capsule collection for the revival of the line but makes Chelsea sign a Confidentiality agreement so that Chelsea cannot tell Adam of her involvement or CI's plans to rush head first before Jill has even secured the rights.

Jill, of course, while appreciating Hilary's work, still schemes to get rid of her.  Hilary, ever suspicious of Jill's recent affable stance, confers with Devon, who suggests that she try to bring someone, who is not related, on board to be an ally.  So Hilary, knowing calls the one person that comes to mind-- Sharon.  Sharon, just emerging from a chaotic, turbulent series of incidents is unsure that she wants to be in the middle of a potentially toxic corporate environment but Hilary gives her a pep talk, reminds her of her desire for a fresh start and a purpose (outside of a man or a relationship) and reminds her of her strength and ability to survive- traits that they both have in common.  Hilary expresses her need for someone she can trust.  Sharon accepts the offer.  Sharon, because of her Newman ties, must also sign a Confidentiality agreement for the time being.

Jill is incensed that Hilary has made such an important personnel choice without her but changes her mind when a reporter for an upscale magazine that appeals to Fortune 500 companies, contacts her and wants to profile CI and the fact that CI has a female at the top while now being ranked the top corporation in the Midwest- they want to do a profile, cover and a photo spread for their magazine.  Hilary plays up the idea of women running CI with Jill in charge and Jill has an idea.  After assembling an executive staff and board meeting, Jill informs everyone including Hilary, Chelsea, who has just completed the Capsule Collection, and Sharon about the photo shoot for the Corporate magazine.

With the photographer snapping pics, Jill, Hilary, Chelsea and Sharon pose for the cover of the magazine, Jill wears a Chesire Cat grin.  Just as the magazine hits the newsstands, Jill tears up the Confidentiality agreements for Chelsea and Sharon and extends job offers to both.  Sharon accepts but Chelsea agrees only if she can maintain her independent clothing company but agrees to do Menswear exclusively for CI.  

When Jack and Ashley pull up their tablets and when the magazine is delivered to Victor's desk- their mouths collectively drop seeing the women on the Cover and seeing mention of the Men's line revival.  Jack vows to sue to ensure that Jill never gets her hands on the rights to develop the Men's Line and calls Jill informing her of this but Jill is unbothered and gives a cryptic message of knowing something that he has yet to find out, while she grins at Michael, in the background, who stands over stacks of file folders and notebooks.  A close up reveals that the files and books are all labelled The Men's Line with every date from the very beginning until the line was shelved. Jill has a smirk on her face.

• Members

If they paired Cane with Hilary I bet CK would do a victory lap around the set.  She would finally be free of the Lane ball and chain.  But it would be terrible for MM who is way too good to be wasted on the likes of DG.  Although maybe if Lane was split up DG could show some acting chops.  He wasn't bad with Chloe IIRC. 

It was so great to hear Hilary say that cheating on Neil with Devon while Neil was blind was "disgusting".  This goes a long way towards redeeming Hilary in my eyes and returning her to the character as she was originally written.  She was a bit of a bad girl but she wasn't immoral, she was trying to get revenge for Neil letting her mother die.  It never rang true for me that she would cheat on Neil when he was blind.  That is just so beyond, beyond.

Your whole story is good, Dramatis but I think a photo shoot would be particularly enjoyable.  The show used to do more fashion shows and photo shoots and now they do none.  However, I don't think the actress that plays Jill wants to work enough to be a major player in this kind of storyline where she would basically be working full time.  She's barely on at all these days and since I don't hear any complaints from her on social media I'm assuming that's the way she wants it.  I think instead of Hilary and Jill, a Hillary and Lily storyline would be good.  They could start out as partners/friends and then a rivalry could develop with other cast members mixed in.  Maybe they could hire a couple of hot AA models to spice things up and bring back Tyler as the photographer.  To me Devon is not! hot and while I like Neil interacting with Hilary they don't make that great of a couple.  Cane can stay home and be Mr. Mom. Seriously!  Why not?

• Members

I think if Jess had a decent storyline, it might actually change her mind.  What she's been given to do over the past year has been shite.  I don't see Jess as really the retiring type, no matter what she may say or not say publicly.  And Jess also strikes me as old school, she's not going to go whining on Social media like most of Y&R's cast over the last several years.

I like the idea of Tyler returning but doing marketing.  Didn't Noah dabble with photography at one time?  I like the idea of Tyler and Noah working together again in some capacity.  I had Mason, after a stint serving time for identity theft, being brought on as a signature model for the Men's Line, getting under Hilary and Devon's skin.  Another step in Jill's offensive to get rid of Hilary.

Lily has been more assertive lately, but I don't see her in a commanding executive position.  

• Members

They might've crossed path and had a few words but none that I remember. Jill tends to be on her own island from the rest of the characters 99% of the time, sadly. 

IMO, Jill should be leading story on this show always because had it not been for the character of Jill (and the late Katherine), there would be no Y&R.

• Members

I just read the spoilers for next week. Phyllis is front and center big time.  Good!  Phyllis really seems to be coming out of her daze and getting her fire back.  Phyllis is also becoming disenchanted with her wimpy husband.  Wait   Nick is grieving the loss of a child and Phack on thin ice? Could a Phick redo be in the works?  Woo hoo!!

Archived