B&B: August 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sadly, I was visiting my mother today and caught B&B live (I have the Raya stuff on DVR when I get home.) Wow, there were so many, many things wrong with the direction of the S/L. Poison's dream of Aly wasn't even campy, it was just bad. And, Poison is 'honoring' Aly, who was 'just a little emotional' by being 'the face of FC.' (Has this phrase now replaced the "Forrester Matriarch" line. Speaking of which, shouldn't everyone being calling Maya that now?)

I digress. Everything about what happened has been twisted to try to fit some story that nobody wants - NO we don't want to see Poison as Face of FC; NO we don't want Steffy to turn into this stupid person who would be manipulated; NO Aly was not just emotional and under ANY circumstance there is no justification - the girl was a true psychopath - starting with the nail in the tire and all the way through. NO to Thomas and Wyatt being drivers or the face of this completely illogical storyline. I'm so glad I only DVR based on the synopses because anything that has "Poison," "Wyatt"  "Thomas" predominantly featured is getting the big "Delete this scheduled recording." 

• Administrator

This Ivy/Steffy storyline just went from bad to worse. In the span of one episode Ivy's character does an 180 and now she's a manipulator? She couldn't even lie to Liam about false deportation.  Ivy wanting to be a model makes no sense. She's a business woman, a behind the scene person.  Aside from Tiesdays fantastic episode, B&B is really bad right now.  But it's the one soap that can go from bad to good, or vice versa, real quick.  

• Members

How did B&B get so bad so quickly?  Neither Ivy nor Steffy need be the face of Forrester.  Get an actual model folks, y'all ain't foolin' anybody!  Ivy blackmailing Thomas over being the face of Forrester is so stupid, especially since she has shown zero inclination in the past. 

Ivy saying that Aly was a little disturbed is like Stephanie saying Brooke is a little loose.  Massive understatement!.  So the heavy music that used to characterize Aly scenes has now bled over into Ivy scenes, does this mean Ivy's also headed for crazytown?  Or is she now the standard bearer for morality now?  So few things make sense on this show now.  Too bad they made Papa Avant so rigid, he was the only character that was engaging this week so far.

• Members

Seriously wondering WTF they are planning with Thomas, as he just comes off creepier and darker by the episode. Adam Gregory's version of Thomas may have been "wood"-en, but at least he didn't come off like the potential psycho from a Lifetime movie.

Ivy's no Brooke, I just can't see her acting like this.  I don't get why the other Forrester's weren't invited to the wedding...:ph34r:

Erratic writing is typical, but ???

• Members

I hate this direction too......I'm sorry but Steffy is NO saint, and I'm tired of how she's always somehow the victim, while the people she's wronged turn into the bad ones....what's worst for me is that she has a whole supply of endless supporters who have done just as much worse as she has IMO (Ridge, Thomas,  Bill, Liam etc....) it's disgusting.....

I'll say it again...... if only Steffy were written to be a Sami Brady type of bitch, where her whole family realizes what she's capable of and find it hard to support her actions....I think it would be much better writing.....

• Members

Because having an intelligent woman is NOT acceptable. After the immigration story, Poison finally started to gain some depth and distinction, but all you have to do is look at QUINN! On paper, Quinn should be a remarkable woman - 1) raises her son on her own because the father was bad news; 2) skipped the fake replacement dad/man to complete her; 3) built her own business; 4) is direct and tells it like it is; 5) is not ashamed of her sexuality; 6) can stand up for herself and go after what she wants like, um,  a man, etc. >> so let's make HER crazy. Characters like Brooke, Donna, Pam, Hope, and even Katie, should be seeking Quinn's advice and, basically, worshiping her.

• Members

This is some seriously confusing stuff. It's like their episodes are airing out of sequence. Today, we have the Forresters and Bill/Katie talking about Ali's death and the press wanting to learn more about what really happened. Shouldn't this have aired BEFORE the Rick/Maya wedding story arc? After such a rushed mourning period, her death is suddenly the topic of debate again. 

B&B get it together. Who's ever on vacation, get your booty back to 7800 Beverly Blvd and get to work ;)

• Members

I thought today's episode was better than yesterday's. I always love when there are big meeting scenes of people arguing about Forrester and they mix business with personal/family drama. Nicole and Zende asking if they should peace out was hilarious. LOL I'm not a big fan of Hydrangea, but what her and Wyatt said about Liam at the end of today's episode was spot on. He doesn't know a damn thing about fashion and hardly ever did his job as a fashion reporter/editor. I also thought it might be a conflict of interest for Liam to be Vice President of both Spencer Publications and Forrester Creations. 

• Members

I read the synopses and decided to check it out. ITA - The big meeting scenes are extremely effective in bringing together a lot of characters and merging a variety of points of view on the current S/L. Objectively, DoughBoy & Poison are correct about Steffy and Liam and I'm glad in the meeting they were bringing up very valid business issues to support keeping Steffy out of spotlight. 

As Gray Bunny pointed out, it was strange that the media is NOW hitting the Aly story. Because of the ill-timed and unnecessary pre-emption in July, I suspect they have been editing and moving around certain scenes to ensure that they have big cliffhangers for Labor Day week (since CBS Daytime is pre-empted on Monday and Friday for tennis). The Bill/Katie scenes could've have been inserted in any episode during the past few days. One advantage B&B has with their production schedule and format is that they can quickly shift stuff around. (Look how fast they reworked things after LG's accident. They didn't even have a day with a stand-in.)

• Members

You really have to laugh and roll with it.

I don't mind being alone in this, but I love what Ivy is doing. Soapsuds wrote there is no story to tell and he is right,but since they are going this way, I'm rooting for Ivy. Go Ivy.

Archived