Days: August 2015 Discussion thread

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OMG. Guy Wilson was beyond dreadful. I hope this was the moment they realized his ass has got to go. They should have realized it a lot sooner than that but still ... just atrocious. Laughable. I did like little Ari patting Guy's shoulder to comfort Will. That was cute but she gave zero [!@#$%^&*] about either actor and it was kinda funny. Says a lot when I'd rather watch a toddler act than the adults.

What a horrible exit for Sonny. Rushed out of town. Typical TomSell exit likely mixed with HiGriff. Sigh. I think they should have just wrote them both off together right now and called it a day.

Chad/Abby ... sigh. I want them together badly. Loooving them. I'm dreading the day these two bolt the show for greener pastures. I also enjoyed when Stefano visited Abby (yesterday? Friday? I can't remember). It's good to see Stefano slowly getting involved again and on more. You can tell SOMEONE intervened because the vets are all over the place. You had Julie on the other day with Eve (and those were good scenes and Kassie rocked as Julie brought up Eve's sordid teen past), Victor used how he should be (with Sonny, Adrienne, Justin and Caroline), Stefano active with Chad and Abby ... IDK, I already feel a slight difference. This week is the week that TOMSELL ARE GONE. (I think).

Does Paige leave soon? Ugh. At least JJ is slightly more interesting again.

• Members

3 hrs · Edited · 

This is CRAZY!!! Today is the last airing episode for Sonny Kiriakis! June 2011, "Sonny" made his debut in Salem as the first openly gay character on "Days of Our Lives."

I remember people being unsure how the audience would accept the character. With amazing writing and an incredible vision, "Days of Our Lives" and the creative team told a raw, uncut, passionate love story between two men who fell in love.

Will and Sonny became the POWER COUPLE known as WILSON! We were treated like every other couple on the show and the audience accepted us with open arms. I feel so blessed to have been a part of the equal rights movement over the past 4 years. I will never forget the journey I had as Jackson "Sonny" Kiriakis.

Thank you to all my friends, family, and fans for your support and love. I know Sonny will be missed, but I hear Salem always has their door open!

• Members

Freddie Smith shows more energy and passion in this post than he did in his last 6 months on the show.

His description of love affair and "journey" have me scratching my head to think back that far -- when this couple mattered at all. Sonny spent his last year folding baby clothes, for God's sake.

Freddie says "
We were treated like every other couple on the show," and I agree -- boring as hell. The writing was terrible for this couple, and that was compounded by sadsack and lame acting by Freddie Smith and atrocious work by Guy Wilson.

Get them BOTH off my screen.

• Members

Who is this dude with the hair wearing the Sammy Davis Jr. gold chains and medallion?

I saw a commercial for DOOL on Pop a little while ago.  I wish they weren't airing the show at 8pm, that's kind of inconvenient and pretty much a major primetime conflict.  Even 11pm or midnight would be better for me.

• Members

Loving these Hope/Julie scenes :wub: DEPTH

I already feel a difference. I don't know the exact date the new writers start off the top of my head, don't think it's today, but I'm already seeing the show I used to know.

Finally I give a [!@#$%^&*] about Clyde. He just became a lot more interesting attacking Daniel (even though I knew it would be him). IDK, nasty Clyde works far better, wish they'd let him drop the fake southern charm and let him just be nasty all the time.

Archived