Soap alum joins DAYS

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maybe I'm in the minority but what I saw of JPL on OLTL I enjoyed. He seemed to be a decent actor, he's attractive, and I think he could fit the bill as Phillip. Of course I wish JKJ would have agreed to come back, but I'm happy about this news. It's time for Phillip to be back on canvas and if JKJ refused to come back then I'm glad to welcome JPL on the set.

• Members

This is hilarious. What a terrible idea.

That being said, in fairness, AFAIK JPL is the furthest thing from a male diva. For all his pop-eye histrionics onscreen, he's always come off very shy and unassuming in the public eye - I know people who knew them offscreen and they said Farah used to push him around and wear the pants in their relationship, just as she did on their reality show. (They said other stuff too, but that's another story.) JP has seemed fairly content these last few years not to work, just to hang out with Tuc Watkins and uh, co-parent his children, rock climb, keep house... you know, like you do. He seems like a very quiet guy.

But wow. Bad idea.

• Members

wow, this is a pretty big get. TBH, I'm surprised none of CBS' soaps snatched him up sooner. From what I can recall he was actually one of the better younger actors back in the day. Anyway, I wonder how quick he'll be hooked-up w/ Eve? LOL

and did he get back into shape? During his last days on OLTL his shirtless scenes were a damn mess. >_<

• Members

I have no problem saying I'm in the minority here. I always liked JPL. I didn't watch OLTL when it was Rex-heavy, but I always enjoyed the actor. He blended humor and drama nicely, so it'll be interesting if Phillip Kiriakis suddenly has a sense of humor.

Will the writers remember Phillip has one leg?

Clearly, Jay Kenneth Johnson isn't interested in returning, and they had enough common sense not to invite Kyle Brandt back, that's my guess.

Archived