Jennifer Lawrence releases statement on nude photo leak

alphanguy74

• Members

I don't recall anyone saying JL did something wrong. She did NOTHING wrong, but forgive me for not caring. When we get to hacking into medical records, you have my full attention [but no one will care if a celebrity is not attached]. Celebrity nudies? Still don't care.

I once sent a pic of my rack to a guy I was dating, so there is no way I could say JL committed a sin. I just don't care and this huge deal? I find it absolutely ridiculous! Labeling it a sex crime? Even more ridiculous!

And I still want the twat to go away!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think it's about woman hating at all

I feel for her for the embarassment, but like I heard somewhere, actors have absolutely no privacy, you know this kind of thing can happen if you take nude photos or make a sex tape especially if you're a popular celebrity.

Not saying she's to blame or that what happened is right, it's just that this is known to happen too many times to count.

• Members
The only part I will disagree with her is when she said that people who looked perpetuated a sexual offense and should cower in shame. I saw them accidentally on Tumblr and no I don't think I'm a sexual predator. I think the venom should be confined to those that stole and leaked them

• Members

Funny thing is, I don't feel that because someone is a celebrity, they should accept this. They should not. What I take issue with is that the idiot thinks this should be labeled a sex crime. That makes no sense to me at all. This thread has turned into one big ole conspiracy without reading what folks are really saying. Just because some don't believe a sex crime was committed [and it was not], it does not mean we think this is ok to steal someone's personal photos for financial gain!

• Members

It's not okay for anyone to steal, but that doesn't mean they won't do it. At some point, these celebrities need to be more cautious about keeping nude photos on their phones, since there is no guarantee that they will be secure. You do have to protect yourself to some extent and as an adult, good judgment is critical to avoiding bad situations.

The problem I have is that she's equating a celebrity problem with a real world problem that is much, much more serious and I don't think she fully understands, or more likely, doesn't care about the seriousness of a sex crime. That's the problem with celebrities, they think they sit above everyone else and minimize the problems of everyday people.

• Members

I think she understands that. I ended up seeing a couple of them when I saw an article about an artist who used them in another piece and manipulated them with cartoon images. (Don't ask.) The irony is that I thought Lawrence's photo was gorgeous. If it had been a professional nude shot I would've said it was lovely but knowing it was stolen from her made me sick.

• Members

Thank you! To take such a serious violation of a woman [or man] and equate it to having personal photos stolen is the biggest tragedy with this crap. Only celebrities can get away with such ridiculous comparisons! I would genuinely love to see JL with a real sex crime victim believing she can relate. That would be a sight.

• Members

Excuse me where did I remotely say she had it coming? PUHLEEZE you're the one calling her names and said you're tired of her whining about this. I have no problem with her being upset or talking about this.

Again MY POINT IS celebrities shouldn't be surprised when this happens, cause when has it never not happened to someone who's had nudes done or a sex tape?

Thank you!

I don't get why celebrities don't do this, or don't get this

• Members

Do I think it is wrong that the photos were stolen: Yes, regardless of whether or not any famous or non-famous person was dressed, stealing photos is stealing. That said, I think people (famous or not) have to be aware that anything you write or photo you are in if it is connected to a cloud or the internet in some fashion can be hacked.

• Members

It was a joke to anyone who would equate what we were saying to JL deserving this. Ugh Drag!

But the bright side to all of this is we get to wait for the SVU "ripped from the headlines" eppy where ole vile ass Olivia Benson convinces a celebrity who had photos stolen she was raped. You know its coming.

Archived