Jennifer Lawrence releases statement on nude photo leak

alphanguy74

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It happened a couple weeks ago, and these leaks have continued since. It's happened to a lot of people, mostly women. And she has been hounded to make a statement, which she has made.

It's one thing to express or expose yourself or your body on your own terms, to your own audience in your own time, with your own sense of empowerment. It's quite another to have your personal privacy violated by a stranger who you never invited. Just because she expresses herself one way on the cover of a magazine doesn't give anyone the right to violate her or anyone else's personal privacy. And that goes for the other dozens of mostly women who have been exposed in these same leaks.

Let's face it: Some of the posters on this board have probably taken n00dz for a spouse or a SO or whoever else. Doesn't give the rest of us the right to look at you. Same principle. And if anyone said it did they'd be both an !@#$%^&*] and an idiot.

• Members

What the [!@#$%^&*] kind of world are we living in now that people find the behavior of these hackers acceptable? How are the people who went out of their way to hurt other people given a pass while their victims - whose only crime is engaging in consensual private behavior - are treated like vermin? Are the people who get their identities stolen because some corporation got hacked also to blame for their own victimization? After all, they should've used cash right? When did violating other people become something to be accepted, cheered and celebrated?

I wish that half the vitriol directed at Lawrence could be spared for the assholes who hacked the photos but apparently those emotionally-stunted, low-life, limp dick criminals are the good guys while the people who took private photos and placed them someplace they thought was secure are the real villains.

How far gone do you have to be to side with hackers who basically spent all their time digging through a stranger's panty drawer?

• Members

I'm not one of Jennifer's fans, but I think she has every right to be upset. Even if these were clothed pictures of her posing with a puppy, if they were private photos that she never meant to share and they were hacked and distributed by a third party, it's just ICKY and wrong. How do we know our private photos and conversations can't be hacked into? The nudity part really doesn't interest me as much as the invasion of privacy part does.

• Members

Im with those that believe her privacy was violated and its the hackers that should be receiving the venom, not her. I do wish she'd stop talking about it and move on, but she was the one hurt and affected by this, so she has the right to address it and condemn those that violated her

• Members

I actually wish that the others who were affecters by it would step up and address it. Obviously I wouldn't presume to tell anybody how they should deal with this kind of violation but I hope that some of the others will find the courage and willingness to call the hackers and their supporters out for the mindless jackals that they are.

I wonder if the same people hating on JL for these *gasp* nude photos would feel the same if these hackers took private pictures of her with, say, underage nieces/nephews at the beach and shared them on a pedo site. After all, she's famous so she has no right to privacy and shouldn't think that any of her photos are safe.

• Administrator
I haven't read the article yet but I heard on a talk show that the article and photoshoot were done months ago, before the nude photos were leaked, which makes sense because that's how magazines work. The quotes about the nude photos are from a follow up.

As for the topic itself, I don't blame the victim at all and agree that a crime was comititted.

Yes, I believe this is the only time.

• Members

I don't dispute that her privacy was invaded and that none one has a right to hack another persons phone, and send out private pictures, I just take issue at it being called a sex crime. It is embarrassing to have nude photos leaked, but it is nowhere near a sex crime, which is something heinous and permanently damaging to a person's mental state.

• Members

So... my thing is this, is you take nudes of yourself and give to others, you realize that Jeannie is out of the bottle. If someone looked at my pics, I wouldn't give a crap. If I did, I wouldn't have put them out in the electronic realm. Here's the thing. You all are confusing "The cloud" with the privacy of your own home. Hackers ARE a problem, and especially when it comes to banking info, etc. I am fully aware of it, and that's why I check my bank account EVERY NIGHT to make sure nothing weird is going on, and if it is, I have time to stop it while it's still pending. If I wanted to be completely safe from such things, I could not have online banking or a debit card. But I like the convenience, so I do, but also realize the pitfalls, so I protect myself accordingly. Like I said, she's mad at herself for not keeping an eye on her sh!t. Or being foolish enough to post her boobs and face in the same shot. I do.n't have much sympathy for her because she's come to no physical or financial harm over it. Yes, it's invasion of privacy, and wrong. But in the grand scheme, nothing to call a "Sex crime". It's like trying to arrest someone for assault when they throw a paper wad at you.

• Members

Would I call it a sex crime? I'm not a lawyer, so I don't know. Frankly, however, what I would or would not call it means less than 2 shits because I'm not the one who was targeted here, so I should keep my mouth shut. But some people make it a habit to tell others how they should react to actions carried out against them.

Archived