DAYS: October 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Go Jennifer in terms of telling Daniel to f--k off in terms of her kids. "You can not have my family if you don't want me." Good for her! I hate how he keeps playing with her head. I applauded her telling him that she finally has fallen out of love with him and wants to sever things once and for all and now all of a sudden he wants to fight for her? Oh and the secrets between them are so contrived. Exactly why cant Daniel tell her about Kristen suspecting Teresa?

Sonny and Will? Bored with even discussing them. Next....

I hate how awful Sami's hair is upon her exit. This style does her no favors.

Brady sure is a dumb box of rocks

• Members

OMG I cannot believe the posters that are taking Jen's side??? Daniel has done NOTHING wrong in this relationship..I never thought that I would hate Jen and have sympathy for Kristen but I do..Jen does not deserve Daniel ..I am glad he found comfort in Kristen...Brady has got to be the dumbest guy to ever be on Days..I hope Kristen ends up hating him..Good for her. And John is way off base here not telling Brady right away what Theresa had done..But she is pregnant most likely so all will be forgiven..YUCK

• Members

This past week made me realized that as much as I hate on Jen, I could like her again if she were finally rid of that albatross Daniel. So yes, go Jen! Her telling him off gave me life. Daniel has done no wrong? He's a judgemental prick that gives off mixed signals and then looks down on people that don't live up to his standards or treat him like the god that he thinks he is. He did it with Jen and he loves to emotionally abuse the women he discards. Unfortunately most of them are so thirsty for him, that they accept it and go back for more, even though they can do better

• Members

Even though Sami's exit makes no sense, I like the way in which they are sending her off. I think this is the first time that I have seen Sami act like a mature woman, and it was nice to see Kate, Roman and Marlena treating Sami like a real person, a daughter they are proud of more than a shameful secret they must bare with. Not that Sami hasn't given them ample reason to feel that way, but still it's nice that the character can walk away with some sense of family and pride after everything she's lost. Those sentiments being said, the pacing for this is awful and the dramatic shift for the character and tone of the exit is terrible. It also makes no sense that Sami is going to California to film a movie or meet with executives for a film or whatever. It sounds like the backdtage producers liked the idea of using Alison's soap celebrity background to make a new beginning for Sami and thought that this exit would be cute for Days fans given AS' profile. But it's not, it makes no sense for her character to be in this storyline.

• Members

I disagree that it makes "no sense." All Sami has ever wanted is for people to think she is important. These producers have given her that. She's validated by the attention and the interest. They didn't need to lay it on so think that she NEEDS to be in California for this movie to get made -- she could just decide to take the kids down there to get away from Salem for a while -- but I think the instinct is perfectly in-character for the Sami Brady we've watched for 22 years.

• Members

Being important and wanting to be famous are two separate things -- I wouldn't say they are mutually inclusive. Through out Sami's history she has wanted to be important to her family, to her community and to her man of choice, not necessarily in that order, but Sami did want to be respectable and be seen as a woman of merit and substance. Not a fame whore. Sami has never wanted to be a celebrity, never in the entire duration of her 20+ year character has Sami wanted the celebrity spotlight. From a story perspective her husband just died, it wouldn't make sense for her to jump to California to be casted, produce, direct, or to whatever this film. That's Alison Sweeney, that's not Sami Brady.

• Members

I actually loved Sami's last day, to my great surprise, the Hollywood thing was a convenient exit, but the scenes themselves were beautiful.

Most especially was the Sami and Kate scene, that was a real moment and goodness knows that pairing will be missed.

Again, Guy Wilson failed to move me at all, while Freddie Smith was so convincing. I wonder if they've even considered recasting.

Archived