DAYS: October 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

IDA. This exit feels so contradictory to everything that's happened in the last few months. Sami was JUST grieving EJ's death and she just went through that horrible ordeal with the affair of the fallout. I find it hard to believe how none of that matters now and she's so easily able to exploit her relationship with EJ and the pain of everything that happened for fame. Like WTF?!? What happened to shielding the cause from any fallout? She got rid of them till the scandal died but now she's bringing them along for the ride as she brings this back up and makes it even more public. Johnny was teased bc of who his family is and what they've done, so the best thing Sami thinks to do is make a movie surrounding that crap and the stuff she's done? Like WTF! Her motives and actions make no sense and its as if the last couple of months didn't happen. I just cant believe how happy and excited she is about this nor do I buy her doing this coming off the eve of EJ's death. She is supposedly deeply wounded by that so it seems off how she is opening things up for this all to be made a mockery of for profit. It makes NO sense especially for the sake of her kids and her own grief.

This exit is very reminiscent of Erica Kane's final story on AMC. The difference is Sami has never had aspirations to be a famous celebrity

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kristen and Daniel sleeping together was contrived nonsense. I know we all love Kristen, but she raped Eric!! Daniel is the one who spent months trying to bust her. For raping one of this friends! What the actual f*ck. I'm disgusted with Daniel and Brady both right now.

Plus John's amateur move talking with the door open. rolleyes.gif

• Members

It was contrived how they had Jen break up with him (when they haven't been together for months) again to get him at a point of grief where he would need to seek comfort in the arms of someone else. Yes big WTF. Now you know if she's pregnant, she's going to become obsessed with him and come back next year to be the third wheel to he and Jen

• Members

I watched today's episodes.....I watched on and off for years but this being Sami and Ali''s final episode ever (for now) I wanted to catch it....

overall I thought the exit could have been a bit better with more flashbacks, but some of it was nice....The Kate and Sami goodbye scenes were my favorite as well as the Marlena/Sami ones.....

Gosh Kristen is delicious.....though I did roll my eyes at the fact she had to sleep with Daniel now.....not anything against him personally but I know he's not everyones favorite...haha.......Eileen however has no reason to do Y&R and Days.....she needs to stick with Days....

Brady yelling at Teresa brought back memories of Passions and him always yelling at Lindsay Hartley's Theresa.....I'm sure Eric has some nostalgia.

• Members

I'll say it. I totally disagree about Sami's exit. It's ridiculous to me and seeing her bounce around and be all giddy and everything just magically fall into place. I'm fine with Sami having a happy, open-ended send-off but meh to the actual exit itself. (Yes, goodbye scenes have been well handled but overall ... sorry, blah, it's making me beyond ready to have her off of my screen as quick as possible after finally being able to enjoy Sami again over the last couple of years).

I wish Will was staying in LA permanently. I'd rather watch Sonny and see him get a new love interest. They recast Will way too quickly and they never give this couple any real drama. Nick and Gabi were what made them relevant and interesting last year into this year and now they're back to secrets being kept for years not mattering and the writing for Will is all over the place.

Jennifer and Daniel's stupid contrived bs problems and secrets are getting really old. I wish JenJen and Dan's millionth breakup lasts this time but I'm not convinced. And how many women can Dan go through? A true male slut, who's treated like God. Go figure. Yet Nicole sneezes the wrong way and the town makes her a pariah. Kristen can be forgiven yet she can't. Soooo soooo disappointed in Kristen's return. They've pretty much made me not care to see her again. We all know where this is going. Bitch should have brought Marlena's grandchild with her to Salem not spent weeks locked up with Daniel and then sleeping with him. What show am I freaking watching?

Days is becoming a mess on so many levels. I love my show but someone has to say it.

THANK YOU!!!

I'm shocked everyone is eating her exit up like it's the best thing ever. To each their own I suppose.

• Members

I do hear people's objections to Sami's exit, but it really doesn't bother me and actually seems quite fitting.

Maybe some of it is just a matter of interpretation -- but I got the sense that the movie was going to be about Sami's many adventures, not about EJ's affair and the revenge plot specifically. The execs said that they read Will's article but then did a bunch of additional research and wanted to be "in the Sami Brady business" and pitched all this other stuff for her to do as a personality. Plus Lucas and Rafe had conversations with Sami about what their roles in the movie would be, which if it's just about what the TruVista article covered, is basically nothing. I do think it's weird how they keep hitting the thing about Johnny being bullied for being a DiMera, because it's not like no one in California has heard of someone as powerful as Stefano, but my sense was that Sami intended to position this whole thing as "the Sami and EJ love story" as opposed to a tawdry exposé of their latest disaster.

To me, it's a more plausible sendoff (in a fun, silly way that doesn't have to mean much when she returns -- the movie never gets made, the studio tries to make it tawdry and she pulls out, etc.) than having her go off to head up some corporation in another city, which is not something that I have ever believed Sami to be capable of doing. And I do think they needed something to motivate her to head to another location, as opposed to just randomly leaving town with the kids. And honestly, she's always been a stupid, selfish mother, so I don't feel like some great untouchable parent is being compromised here.

• Members
If thats the case then she truly is dumb and naive. Hollywood doesnt care about love and romance. They want the drama! Her conversations with Lucas, Rafe and Roman alluded to the awful stuff she's done so on some level she is aware that it will be in the film. Even if she didnt she has to know that as a celeb, a microscope would be put on her life and all of this would come out with the tabloids and haters coming for her. Her kids will suffer with her past being exposed. She should have it in the back of her head, all that Will went through when he was growing up and learned about all this

She doesnt need to leave heading up a corporation. This Hollywood thing is random as hell with no real build up. Her final weeks were too depressing for her to have such an upbeat exit. The contrast in tone is alarming. The had a good setup to get rid of her. With EJ's death and Stefano breathing down her neck, I think it would have been ALOT more plausible for her to decide to leave town to get a fresh start and to shield her kids from the Dimera's influence. The mansion had too many memories and it was a link for Stefano to watch over them and strike when she least expected it. She'd leave the company to completely remove herself from his wrath so she could focus on rebuilding her life for herself and her kids far from Salem. To me, it seemed like they were leading up to this and would have been enough motivation to have her leave

fair enough, I'll give you that, but I do think she did show some growth as a mother

• Members

I guess I am in the minority here as usual but I applaud the writers..I knew Dan and Kristen would comfort each other and it made perfect sense..They were in such pain over Jen and Brady acting like fools. So happy Sami and Will are gone..why did it take a whole week..No way will either be gone for long..Allison grew up on Days and she will be back. And so will EJ. great show yesterday. Kristen's last day will be next week. I adore Daniel and calling him cave monkey is so classless...Cannot remember which poster did that, but please grow up..you know who you are.

• Members
Michael made some good points. I see where he's coming from but I still agree here with Cheap. Basically my exact same thought process.

And I also felt jolted out of the story of Sami's revenge when she and EJ had their insta reunion. And then EJ is killed. And then Sami goes to Hollywood!!!! It's just all rushed when they had a perfectly good story and ending point for both characters with what they were telling. IMO.

• Members

I think sami leaving on her own made perfect sense...though the Hollywood.angle didn't. Why not have her move to Colorado with the kids. I know marlenas family is from there and they have always had sami go.there to unwind. Less dramatic but more in character.

I get why Kristen would sleepneith Daniel...she's her own worst enemy and do something stupid that would prevent Brady from forgiving her and destroying whatever chance she had of getting jenn as a friend again.

Only way I can even accept.Daniel doing this is to.assume stolkholm syndrome.

Archived