DAYS: October 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

I absolutely agree with what you're saying. The Hollywood angle is stupid and unnecessary. The only thing I can say for her exit was the scenes themselves between Sweeney, Koslow, McCay, Dattillo, Hall, and, gasp, Josh Taylor, were wonderful. But that's solely because of the actors, the writing did them no favours.

The Hollywood angle feels like a rewrite to me. Maybe Ken Corday or the higher ups at NBC had second thoughts and wanted Sami to have a happy ending...who knows. It is what it is now, I'm just glad it was put in the hands of competent actors.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I do see what you guys are saying. For whatever reason, it doesn't bug me, which might be more because I'm so used to rationalizing that what I see onscreen is usually about 50% offscreen nonsense anyway. And they always wind up rushing exits, which is so strange to me.

The actors, and the scenes, were generally great, for which I'm grateful. I feel like the spirit of Sami's sendoff (if not the actual specifics) have been pretty lovely.

• Members

I love Teresa in bitch mode. Especially love how she hates John and keeps going in on him

EWWWW to Kristen and Daniel. She said they stopped, so he didn't put it in? Please say yes bc I cant take the thought of him impregnating her.

Brady...are we supposed to feel sorry for him? He is such a weak ass punk that whines so damn much. Im sick of his pity parties and woe is me act every time something doesn't go his way.

JJ is acting so stupid. I don't get why he is making such a big deal about this. Just tell the boring twit and be done with it. He is giving this secret too much thought and power. Over it and this silly teen drama

Hope and Aidan are super cute. Love them. Both had some great hair today

Anne: "That's a $40 knockoff of a $500 bag." :lol:

Eve keeps throwing Jack in Kayla's face. One of these days, she's going to slap her.

• Members

Tuesday' sepisode:

Wow, Jen confronting Dr Douche on all his crap was amazing. Could it really be over? I hope so, but that is wishful thinking I guess.

Anne calling Theresa out was great too, pity how she took Theresa's rebuff as resignation. I guess people really hate Anne and she has so few friends she has to settle for Theresa.

This was a good epsiode.

• Members

Well thank goodness Kristen and the that orange blob didn't do the deed. I love Eileen but her story has been awful this round. I kind of wished she left Salem with her head held high and then return down the road for a Brady/Daniel free story, a story more rooted to her animosity for Marlena. But that probably won't happen.

Kayla coming over to tell Eve that Beige is articulate and clever and wondeful blah blah blah - This is not the Beige we see on screen! Recast this bore that makes Jordan look exciting!

I miss when Rory, Bev and JJ were friends. This cliched Beige/JJ angst ridden romance is so cliched and unrealistic. 3 friends having fun and making their way in the world would have been a better story than star crossed teenager love that has been told a zillion times.

I liked Sami's farewell. Agreed that the actors and the script from Salmons made it work, even though the storyline was rubbish.

• Members

So Guy WIlson is comming back in December? I guess it was too much to hope for to recast him. I'm not a big fan. I liked him when he was played by Chandler Massey.

I like Freddie Smith and i think he was perfect casting as the son of Wally Kurth. If you see scenes of Wally during his first Days stint in the 80's, you'll see they do look a lot alike. I'm torn because i've been a General Hospital watcher (not fan all the time) for over 20 years and I'm thrilled he's back on currently as Ned Ashton but i think Sonny needs his father now. This would be the perfect spot to bring Justin back and help Sonny get over Will's leaving.

• Members

I agree about Kristen's return being written so so so poorly.... I mean, the scenes practically could have written themselves!!!

Kristen returns to town and walks into Marlena's office: "Dr. Evans, I have someone I'd like you to meet."

Marlena looks puzzled.

(DiMera henchman then pushes stroller into the room).

Kristen: "Marlena, meet your new grandchild."....

Archived