B&B - October 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love your ideas Cheap. I'm not sure Millie has what it takes to be a long term Brooke like character, but I do think the show could get a good couple of years out of this type of arc. They need to bring Thomas back though, so she has an additional target. Hell, they should bring Zende on, but they probably won't.

• Members

JY is definitely looking fine this week! I could watch him everyday. The best part of the storyline this week is that Liam and Wyatt aren't anywhere around. I love Quinn and Deacon but I'm glad the show has focused on some other characters for a few days.

Caroline is pulling off this writing as well as she can! Have always found the character to be a spoiled brat but Linsey can at least deliver.

Carter's acting has improved greatly since he was on GL! I no longer cringe every time I see Carter come on.

I hope Katie kicks Caroline's ass.

I wish Brooke would come back and be put in charge of Forrester! I find Ridge so annoying and have never been a fan of TK (which is probably why). I don't get why so many women are infatuated with Ridge....except maybe that he's filthy rich!

• Members

Am probably late to the party (ROFL to the many names of Myrna ah Maya...) but last Friday's show was just sooooo very good. And Monica ah Myrna ah Maya and her head tossing campy acting self was a major part for that.

I *never* saw that turn of events coming in just one episode. And Donna and Katie had some great dialogue and not just filler material. Wowza.

• Members

Mylicka makes me laugh...and yes, it is over-the-top camp but that's why I like it.

Glad that Ridge had the CEO position revoked!!! Not that I expect it to end up really going to Rick. If it does, I hope he doesn't turn into a Bill caricature where he's just a total ass to everyone now.

• Members

She definitely is not a great actress but she perfectly fits the campy B&B formula and is doing spectacular with it. Linsey Godfrey wo is now supposed to do some serious character acting heavy lifting is having way more trouble to get through her scenes these days. Personally, I'd say she is better than Karla Mosley (she was also fun last year as camp diva Caroline with the gay henchman LOL!) but also not a good actress and the material is way ahead of her skills.

I'm positively stunned that Marianna is 1) still a part of this show after nearly 2 years (say what!?) and 2) is actually an asset to it. Few black actors/actresses on this show if any were this fortunate till date.

• Members

This Big Brother party is the cheesiest [!@#$%^&*] ever and I'm loving every minute. Someone please make a gif of Lawrence doing that Michael Jackson finger snapping when Liam and Ivy won.

When Mazel tov said, "I'll make myself scarce", "PLEASE DO!" jumped out of my mouth. Stay thirsty Manitoba, "the head honcho and the lead model on his arm!" :rolleyes:

• Members

So I'm visiting my Mom and watched B&B live. It's so great that Brooke is off canvas to give people like JY screentime. What an underutilized asset - I hope they continue featuring him in large doses. Oh, my thirsty, thirsty MORTICIA! Wow, her desperation for status and wealth is amazing. I LOVE IT! It's so great to see a hungry character - even better to have that character as a minority. And, I know, she has her detractors, but I think the two of them make a great couple. OC, I love LG. I hope this is a long-running triangle.

• Members

Whoops, double post on iPad! So I'll add that I'm glad to see SC paired with someone else. The Hope saga really neutered him and he is an engaging actor. Even though I enjoy KKL, I hope this three-month vacation, encourages the show to feature more characters in the future in more than supporting roles. The show is stocked with plenty of actors who are capable of big storylines. I'll admit, I never imagined how B&B could reinvent itself after SF, but it has done an amazing job. And, even the loss of JM has been more than covered.

Archived