Day 1 Fan Humbly Asking For a Y&R Boycott

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What other TV shows have ever been boycotted? Honest question. The only people I can think of that even try are soap fans and One Million Moms. I mean when AMC/OLTL were cancelled people claimed to boycott. You see how much effect that had.

The occasional fan campaign works but that's because they are FOR something not against.

• Members

With all due respect, bluejeanbaby, I just don't think this plan will work. If anything, it might result in SONY hiring an EP and/or HW who are even worse than JFP and Chuck Pratt. It might not seem possible to some to find anyone worse than those two, but I'm sure they are out there.

• Members

I disagree. If Y&R were bringing in more viewers, perhaps they would not cancel it. If they would hire a competent EP, HW and writers, viewers would tune back in by the droves. They know continuing with JFP and the now infamous Pratt is going to cause more people to turn away. The lack of a quality EP, HW, and writers is what caused me to tune out. And I am sure it is the same for others. For them to hire known show killers is just wrong. If they are going to cancel Y&R, TELL US. Tell the cast and crew. Don't put all of us through another ATWT, AMC, and GL. Have more respect.

Didn't we, the fans, learn anything from the deliberate demise and then cancellations of ATWT, GL, and AMC?

I still think there is something fundamentally wrong and illegal with the TPTB secretly planning on cancellation by hiring someone to destroy the show. If that is indeed what is happening. It's like Goutman and Pratt are "closers".

Again, I remember how bad I felt when ATWT and GL were cancelled and I remember reading how the AMC fans were devastated when it was cancelled. If Y&R is cancelled and I do nothing, I will feel horrible and have regrets. There is still such a void where ATWT and GL used to be. I cannot imagine that void when Y&R is gone. Even if this is the only thing I do about it, I have to do something. I am just a day 1 fan with a computer who is outraged at the thought of going through what I went through when ATWT was sabatoged, only to be cancelled.

It is just wrong and I am not about to carry on as if it isn't. I am not a "lay down and die" type of person.

• Members

I respect the OP but you cant ask Contract actors to risk being sued by not showing up to work

The only actors rthat can safely do that are recurring actors but they could be easily replaced. As coukd any contract actor who refuses to work under the terms they signed & agreed to,

Archived