Day 1 Fan Humbly Asking For a Y&R Boycott

• Members

The past few days have been like Soundgarden's "Black Days" for me. I was devastated when ATWT and GL were torpedoed and then cancelled and I am feeling the same way now that Chuck Pratt is being added to JFP's regime. Our mothers' and grandmothers' "stories" have been so much more than just entertainment for many of us. We have watched for decades and devotedly purchased the products advertised during their time slots. We have traveled to fan events. We have started and supported websites dedicated to them.

We can see from Sara Bibel's piece at DC that JFP has no intention of keeping Y&R the classic soap that always was. JFP has blatantly shown that she will even lobby successfully for another soap killer to be hired to make sure that doesn't happen. To heck with what the fans want. It is what JFP wants. Has she watched from day 1? Has she devoted much of her life and paycheck and time with beloved family members watching it over the years?

I say it's past time that the fans and the cast and crew of our beloved Y&R take our soap back.

I am asking for a boycott of the show and all of the products that are advertised beginning tomorrow. I am also asking the cast and crew to take a leap of faith and refuse to work under JFP or Pratt. You guys have filmed 6 weeks (?) of shows that haven't aired yet. Make a loud statement BEFORE Pratt's start date of November 1.

I truly believe that it is possible to take our beloved Y&R back. But it won't happen if I am the only person who believes that to be true.

Please help me take Y&R back.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Does anyone have suggestions for this re: Twiiter? Hashtags, etc.? We need to get the word out. Globally.

I am also asking for all soap web sites to repost my post or something similar on their sites and for everyone to RT or tweet something similar on FB and Twitter. All social media. This is The Young and The Restless, the #1 soap, after all.

We can put JFP in her place and oust her and Pratt from Y&R. I truly believe we can.

Let those who say it can't be done get out of the way of those of us who will do it.

• Members

I do NOT believe that there is nothing millions of fans and the entire cast and crew can do. I do not.

TPTB have acted in bad faith by hiring known show killers. Everyone saw what was done to ATWT and GL.

The alternative is Y&R headed for cancellation like the others. Is that acceptable?

Is it OK to knowingly sabatoge the livelihoods of so many employees?

Do you want to see a talk show, or a game show, or a cooking show, or a reality show in your Y&R timeslot?

Will you be OK knowing that you favorite actors and actresses are out of a job because of JFP? Because of JFP being responisble for Pratt being hired as EP/HW?

Everything everyone said about her was apparently true.

The time to do something is now.

Please help.

• Members

I know you mean well but its a huge feat to be successful. Ik the "yes movement" took over pro wrestling last year and thus changes had to be made this year, but that's a whole different animal since a live crowd can and does take over the entire show. In order for this to work a million viewers would have to tune out, but they would also have to be nielson viewers. If enough viewers tuned out quickly I do think it would cause a change, but idk if that would be possible to get that many to tune out at once. And would those viewers ever tune back?

Archived