Billy Miller joining GH

• Members

OK, so some stories have a path, some don't. Doesn't change what I just said. Well done or not, applied to all storylines/characters or not, Y&R is not anywhere close to being as insane, directionless and spastic as GH is.

Oh, and...

lmao

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The difference is that while GH may be ridiculous/awful, it does not actively put me to sleep. Unless Silas is on, then it's a crapshoot.

I think Y&R is in just as much disarray with several stories, but they hide it with utterly glacial pacing.

• Members

So if I'm figuring this out correctly, Burton left GH because he didn't get what he wanted and Y&R gave it to him. Miller left Y&R because he didn't get what he wanted and GH gave it to him. Can the shows just make a trade and call it even? Miller returns as Billy, NuNuGrandPaBilly can take over the role of Dullard - trust me NO ONE will care that the role with recast with an actor already on the show. Burton back as Jason and all is right with world. See?

• Members

According to a recent interview by Burton in SOD, Craptini didn't even try to negotiate. They didn't come to the table. They wanted Burton gone in favor of their half dead "actor".

You being bored is not the point. The point is storytelling or lack thereof. YR bores me, but the stories are clear.

• Members

Steve Burton left because a) he wasn't top dog being catered to anymore who could call most of his own shots story or airtime-wise, and B) because he wanted to keep playing it the Guza and JFP way where he could take as much time off as he wanted, eat as much as he wanted, do or not do love scenes, zone out and generally contribute absolutely nothing as a committed performer. Now with vacations in Texas, or something.

FV was not willing to go along with his requests for more time off, at the very least, and so Big Steve walked. Sadly, Frank had gambled that he could intimidate Burton into staying for less as he has with so many others - they had apparently actually planned on keeping him and kept hoping against hope that they could keep him in the fold a la Kimberly McCullough. IMO, FV miscalculated the size of Steve's ego and his commitment to not committing onscreen. If it was me I would have walked away immediately and not looked back.

I think Frank Valentini's strong-arm gambling tactics with actors have fucked him and his shows over more than once, and I think he made a mistake betting on keeping Steve Burton and letting RC's planned story for A.J., etc. rely on having him around. But I have absolutely no sympathy for Steve Burton or need for Jason Morgan, and I think in the end Valentini's tough approach accomplished a desired if inadvertent result. They had wanted to decentralize the show from Sonny and Jason anyway, and they accomplished it more than they thought. (For awhile, anyway.)

I don't see a clear story with Billy Reverend Kane, Victoria, Stitch, etc. or a lot of other people, but that's me. I think they are hedging a lot of bets because Jean Passanante and the other chick are in way over their heads at the big show.

• Members

Oh joy. Between Howarth, Stafford, Miller and West (whom I like) how much scenery will be chewed?

I don't care about this news. I am not a Miller fan at all. Felt he was hammy, OTT, so damn starved for attention in scenes that it was distracting and even when he was given dramatic material it always fell flat for me because he never gave it any depth. When scenes called for him to be serious, he still went for the joke. Every. single. time. Or pulled out that simple grin.

What's worse is that even though BM has moments (they are few and far between but his has them) he won't get them on this show? Ron loves camp. That is what he goes for almost every single time. It's why it's hard to take Franco seriously. Or Nina. Or any of the villains. Because they are all cartoons.

RC's writing and FV's direction is not going to do Miller any favors. I feel like they will bring out the absolute WORST in each other.

• Members

It was pretty obvious he did not like the new regime, and wasn't all that happy with the HW that replaced Guza either. The show's ratings did improve with less Sonny/Jason focus, and it was very clear that he was no longer the star of the show. I could see him being pissed about Todd moving in on his airtime, but I find him less than genuine for some reason. Especially when lots of cast members talk about how much Valentini is hands on and driven. They talk about it so much, and those that were there compare him to Monty so much it makes me wonder what Riche and JFP are like as EP.

• Members

It was less than genuine because IMO as long as Steve got his airtime, his story preferences, his Krispy Kremes and preferably his Monavie plugs (which should have gotten him fired), anything could happen at the show and he did not care.

• Members

I second this! I do think he would've made a great Lucky and ate out Liz's coochie by now (Girl needs some loving from her LUCKY, he knew her flavoring all throughout their childhood and how she liked it), but its good to see BM as Jason as trying something new.

But I do think he can add some energy to Jason's character, and sort of give him a new direction, give some long needed development to the character.

Now I'm a big Jason fan, loved SBu, but look SBu if your still on the notion "Oh the fans love Dylan, he's got such a great complex story (rip-off from Shawn's PTSD story just dragged on for a year to not notice) so I'll sign this contract" and sucking up to JFP's powdery expired tits! than Killer Miller, congrats on taking the role of Jason! Its win or lose in this business.

Archived