Billy Miller joining GH

• Members

BM's smirky one note acting along with his scene chewing. arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

ME,MS, RH already eat the show. Now this jackhole. We'll never see the rest of the cast.

JB BM isn't an icon. Beverlee McKinsey, Douglass Watson, Eileen Fulton, Erika Slezak and Susan Lucci are icons. BM is an over-hyped, smirking dim bulb of an actor. ICON MY *SS!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Billy Miller is a big soap name? I didn't even know who he was. All I see is another former soap star coming to GH while the former GH stars sit on the sidelines. I got sick of Jason (played by Steve Burton) about 10 years ago. Some "big name" Y&R actor playing Jason isn't going to make it any better for me. And to top it off, there are no decent storylines on this show. It's complete stunt casting that I'm not even interested in. Zzz.

• Members

Completely agree. I am a little tired of these Y&R rejects coming to GH. If I wanted to watch this crew I would have been watching Y&R all these years. As for Billy Miller, why would GH have to pay big for him? He left soaps two seconds ago and obviously failed to find whatever nibble he was looking for elsewhere, so here he is back on one of four remaining soaps. Y&R is closed to him since his role was recast and/or he does not want to work for the current producer, so where else was he going? Obviously the Bell crowd didn't pounce on him for B&B and that leaves DOOL. So really, how many options did Billy Miller have?

• Members

I am a little amazed DAYS has been so eager to get all the OLTL people. Gary Tomlin, it makes sense he'd hire Melissa Archer since he discovered her, but I was still surprised that whole team went for her - she's never been valued as much as she should be by the industry. KDP made a little more sense given her long history.

• Members

The main problem with Miller is that he can't play the old Jason either, because he has anti-chemistry with pretty much every single person he shares the screen with. He's too self-involved an actor to be able to make emotional connections.

He'll be able to smirk, and jump around, like Howarth does, and a lot of fans, along with Jamey and friends, will say he blows Burton out of the water and this is the "real" Jason, and so forth.

But in terms of performance, or work with scene partners, or anything beyond smirking and yelling, he's SOL.

• Members

Only diehard Billy/Victoria fans see BM as a ratings draw. To most everyone else, he's just another marginal-at-best performer who's only back here in soaps because he either won't commit fully to testing the primetime waters or he did but learned quick how dime-a-dozen he was in that part of the industry.

Archived