Billy Miller joining GH

• Members

As far as I know Stafford did not affect ratings one way or another beyond her debut. If they had 2.1 and 2.2 episodes before her, they have them after her. He will be no different. I can't even think which Y&R star could juice up ratings, maybe VR, maybe if Victor the character crossed over to GH to do battle with Sonny. After that I don't see any of them doing anything for ratings that anonymous soap actor number three couldn't do.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Her first week, sure, but nothing sense. Folks are always curious. However, she's been featured 4 days/week at about 12 minutes/eppy and the numbers have declined since her arrival. Don't take my word, just go look at the trend in the archives. Not that one person controls any show, but featuring one person so much when the character is a very poor concept coupled with an aging overrated diva is bound to turn folks off and it has!

• Members

Daytime Confidential, Nellie Oleson, Michael Fairman and that group have been calling him an icon since he first smarmed onto Y&R. He was the best. He saved Y&R. He was Terry Lester reincarnated. He was going to be a huge film and television star. On and on and on.

• Members

DC/Fairman/Nellie all blur together for me. May have even been commenters. I don't know. Maybe I imagined it. I just remember seeing this pushed around 2008-2009-2010 and it bothered me, because it's a slap in the face to an actor who passed away so young to go around talking about how someone is just like him, especially when many saying it likely never seen saw his soap work and just wanted to seem cool.

• Members

Miller might want the steady paycheck. Heck Justin Hartley is doing y and r now. Prime time is a tough biz unless u are Julianna Marguules or marg helgenberger or some huge prime time star u are competing against prime time heavy weights for roles. Prime time tv has a low success rate as 90 percent shows are cancelled after season 1.

Archived