Joan rivers in critical condition

alphanguy74

• Members

Joan Rivers pushed limits, but she was nonetheless talented and funny, in a way that a lot of comics are not these days. I really feel terrible for Melissa, they were so close and that was evident anytime you saw them on together on television. I can't imagine what she is going through right now.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I loved her up until the end. She's one of those where I give 'em a free pass, even when they cross the line, because she was so gosh darn funny and re-invented herself multiple times to be a relevant, hip funny lady. I loved her brand of humor and had so hoped to see her in person. What a tremendous loss, in my book.

• Members

With Punky Brewster's 30th anniversary coming up on the 16th and Joan's passing yesterday, I thought I would post this cute little interview from 1984, where Joan subbed for Johnny on the Tonight Show and interviewed Soleil Moon Frye shortly before Punky began. They interact so well together smile.png .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZlU_XfpyCA

• Members

I read this last night and it was hilarious and pure Joan. Such a tragedy that shouldn't have happened. I was watching Dr. Drew P. show last night and he showed a clip of Joan having a procedure done and telling Melissa that if something happened to her not to worry about her dying because she lived a full life and she was happy that her daughter, Melissa, and her grandson Cooper were set and well off...living a good life and that's what she wanted for them both. That was so nice to see on TV. Drew said it made him feel better seeing that clip.

• Members

Sadly, Bobby Vinton (who is himself 79) is reportedly ill with pneumonia and will not be able to grant Joan her dying wish. I like that she gave an insight into what she liked. Nobody would mention Bobby Vinton today unless he was actually significant to them and I guess that song from 50 years ago was big for Joan.

Archived