Joan rivers in critical condition

alphanguy74

• Members

I'm on the fence about NeNe. Joan was a true comedienne. A truly talented lady with a sharp tongue and ability to think up of some hilarious zingers. NeNe is more shtick whose one-liners are hit-or-miss these days and can be easily emulated (There's a new hefty black woman on SNL whose loud, over-the-top, in-your-face delivery reminds me of NeNe, only she's an actual comedienne. I hope to see more of this woman, but I digress...).

I want NeNe to find a fit that's perfect for her, but I don't think she's the right person to be giving fashion advice and delivering clever, original comedy. Just my opinion.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Did anyone read what Zsa Zsa Gabor said about Joan Rivers when she found out she died?!

It made me think of that Behind the Feud video with Miss Piggy and Joan Rivers. Apparently Joan used to write jokes for Zsa Zsa but they had a falling out, it seemed after Joan started telling jokes about Zsa Zsa's plastic surgery.

According to Zsa Zsa's husband, he saw her shaking her cane & yelling at the TV "She's dead and I'm still here!" ohmy.png

He described it as being a little funny but sad.unsure.png

• Members

I don't think Nene has the credibility to host 'Fashion Police' just as Kathy Griffin doesn't have the credibility to host it because neither of them possess an in depth knowledge of the fashion business. Joan loved fashion and style and knew the business really well and had a natural style that was, on the whole, drop dead chic. As brassy as her stage persona was, Joan was a classy, stylish woman who understood fashion. Her accessories, jewelry and apparel lines have been sold on QVC and international shopping channels, for 25 years and she had 20 years of red carpet experience as well.

Nene, like Kathy, does not possess that knowledge or experience. Nor does Nene possess instinctual good taste, something which Kathy has developed over the years. Ultimately, neither of them can combine fashion with humour like Joan did.

Fashion Police will continue, E! has confirmed that and it sounds like Melissa will remain on board as executive producer, but I think they'll be better served by looking elsewhere for their host, perhaps a style blogger or someone in the fashion reporting business like Elsa Klensh or Jeanne Beker.

• Members

Nene is a very shallow person, and doesn't care about anything except getting attention and money, she has no real talent except bitching at people. Joan had the fire in her belly for fashion, and for comedy, and it showed. You knew that's what she was born to do. Joan left Melissa enough money to retire... if I were her, I would take about 6 months off to deal with all the final things that need to be dealt with, Maybe go on a nice vacation with ner son over the holidays.

• Members

Reality stars tend to have no talent, which is why they are on reality TV and not on real TV shows. Nene Leakes was mildly amusing on Glee for a few minutes, but it's offensive that this woman who made a career pretending to fight with people and conducts herself like trash for the cameras is famous while real actors and comedians can't get work.

Archived