What soap opera "mansion" had the most rooms?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Emma noticed something was amiss, didn't she? I don't think anyone believed her though. You'd think over time it would have occurred to Adam that maybe he should seal those things off or something, given how often they were used for nefarious purposes!

• Members

Didn't the DiMera mansion used to feature more rooms? I remember reading that it was 28,000 square feet. Since I started watching Days again this winter, they've only shown the damn living room; when they had dinner scenes, they moved the dinner table to the living room. I definitely remember a dining room a few years back.

• Members

They used to show multiple bedrooms and hallways of the DiMera mansion. Brown hallways and green rooms. They looked much more lush and grand than they do now, same with the living room and foyer. They've made everything smaller in recent years, and the walls are now flat. Last year (or was it 2012?) when Stefano "died" by gunshot, they showed a study room never seen before.

• Members

OTOH, having everyone (or practically everyone) in close quarters guaranteed there would be confrontations aplenty. Same with DALLAS and all the Ewingses living at Southfork. I imagine it would have been difficult-to-impossible to have the characters living apart from each other and yet still so enmeshed in each other's lives.

• Members

I wasn't really talking about night time. With Nighttime, they somehow get to use more rooms...make it like a real house Usually nighttime soaps are not about "towns" On daytime, you can usually go through an hour episode and have three or four different sets used. You have one storyline in a house, another in a resturant, another "outside" and another in a hospital. That's why they only do a couple of rooms to a "mansion".

Nighttime doesn't usually do that. it's just different. They are able to practiclly have four demential sets. but since you brought it up, I know the Brothers and Sisters "set" wasn't a mansion but it was like a "mc mansion." Nora Walker's house was pretty big. it had the massive kitchen, the dinning room, the big back TV room, the front sitting room, the living room with the fire place and the foyer. and there was also an office that wasn't seen much. and then they had a big back yard with the pool. and upstairs, i think you saw almost everyone's bedrooms. There were five children and i beleive six bedrooms. I don't ever remember someone saying they shared a room. and all the bedrooms seemed to have adjoing bathrooms. I love that house.

• Members

And i saw on one of the Viki & Clint Love story youtube thing that Llanfair had a screening room back in the day. I know it wasn't shown so it doesn't count but i'd like to think it was still there. I don't know why anybody would take it out.

• Members

The answer to this question is actually pretty clear. The Carrington mansion, on Dynasty, was once said by Alexis to have 48 bedrooms. It was by far the largest. I am not sure how many bedrooms the Colby mansion on the Colbys was supposed to have, but it is probably the only one that could give the Carrington mansion a run for its money.

And BL is right....the Dimera mansion was originally the Donovan house, modeled as a replica of Donovan manner in England. It wasn't that huge.

• Members

What was nice was that the set for the Carrington mansion actually reflected how big it was supposed to be (then again, it was primetime). The hallways lasted forever, and the foyer staircase was massive.

I wish we saw more of the supposedly huge Grayson mansion of Revenge. According to the outside shot of it, It. Is. ENORMOUS.

• Members

Yes the DiMera mansion set was once that of Donovan manor.

On GH, the old Webber home became the Scorpio home, and the set is now being used as the Brownstone, which is being renovated by the Scooby Doo Gang, aka Kiki, Morgan, and Michael.

Archived