What soap opera "mansion" had the most rooms?

• Members

I heard once many years ago in an interview with Jeanne Cooper that they had once taken down the two lions that were on the mantal and the fans were in an uproar so they put them back up. Maybe they planed on redoing it back then but because of the feedback they didn't.

I know Llanfair's library stayed the same for many years. During Viki's DID in 1995, they redid it and then they planned on redoing it about 10 years later but because Viki was in the middle of her heart transplant story, they didn't think it was beleiveable that she would redo her house while recoperating. S0 they kept it and didn't redo it until just before she married Charlie at the end of 2009. So it stayed for 14 years.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There is a fantastic scene of Jill (Brenda) and Katherine at the grave and Jill is practically begging her to move on from their animosity. She has an agenda, but she also clearly wants to have Kay's approval. Brenda plays the scene so well, it's hard to remember when she gave Jill layers. Kay is hard and cold to her. You see how much Jill hurt her, and also how much both of them loved Philip.

• Members

Katherine could actually see Phillip's grave from the window in the living room, which is why we so often saw her looking out it. It was one of those little continuity easter eggs they kept consistent over the years and would continue to refer to from time to time.

• Members

I love the fact that she could be a matriarchal figure without being relegated to baking oatmeal cookies in the kitchen once she was past fifty. Not every older person on a soap should end up being like Grandma Kate Martin on AMC.

But I do hate how people like Kevin started calling her "Mrs. C.," like she was on "Happy Days." That's "Miss Chancellor" to you, Chipmunk!

• Members

I remember a long time ago reading in one of the soap magazines a wealthy SB fan in France requested from the show the building specs from the Capwell mansion sets to have a mansion built in France to be just like the one on SB, so somewhere in France is the real life Capwell mansion.

• Members

I almost forgot that Llanfair had an infamous Attic too. In 1995, Jean put Irene Manning's diary in it and then saw the Princess Doll and turned into Princess. In 1996, Viki held Todd there for many weeks when he was suposed to be dead (long story.) In 1999, Viki held Ben there and then it turned into their little love shack. Then in 2003, Viki found Victor's old chest and opend it with Jessica by her side.

Also in 1985, they did a very quick scene in a basement when Kevin found an old diary of Viki's in with her old toys.

• Members

Or Mrs. Murphy. I understand because of business assetts but sad she didn't take Murphy's name. She took Rex's name. For years, she was called Mrs. Sterling. I beleive it was even called the Sterling mansion by some people for a breif time.

I still remember one funny scene where she and Murphy were at a resturant and as they were getting out to leave, all you hear is her yelling "No Murphy, i'm not going to go Ice Fishing with you!" in her Katherine voice. It was so funny!

Archived