Constance Towers

Eric Martsolf

Louis Edmonds

Robin Mattson

Lauren Koslow

Lois Kibbee

Jonathan Frid

Kin Shriner

The trick to a great tv voice for a woman is it has to be deep. When Robin Mattson, Constance Towers or Lauren Koslow turn on the drama it is their deep voice that sells it in a way helium actresses like Kristina Wagner or Rebecca Herbst never could. Robin Mattson knows her voice is another tool in her acting arsenel. Kirsten Storms when she speaks makes dogs weep for mercy.

For the guys they start with a deeper voice so they have to get their flair through accents or a touch of hamminess. James Mitchell had the best voice bar none, but Louis Edmonds accent was gold beyond gold. Thaao Penghlis is another whose weird way of talking makes it work. And I completely agree about Eric Martsolf. Of all the 40 and under actors he definitely has the best voice.

• Members

Grant Aleksander

Beth Chamberlin

James DePaiva (OH YES. biggrin.png)

Fiona Hutchison (Well, maybe her accent more than her voice smile.png )

Emma Samms (ditto)

Finola Hughes (yep)

Tristan Rogers

Sarah Brown

Phil Carey

Robin Christopher

Robin Mattson

Sherry Stringfield

Michael Zaslow

Maureen Garrett

Alison Sweeney

Kin Shriner

Tony Geary (when he uses it properly in dramatic scenes, it's perfect)

Stuart Damon

Sharon Wyatt

Tim Stickney

Catherine Hickland

My flame-risk: Kassie DePaiva. Hate all you want, guys, but I LOVE when her Kentucky accent comes out when one of her characters gets angry, especially since GL and OLTL made her cover it up when she first got those roles.

• Members

Beverlee McKinsey; Douglas Watson; Hugh Marlowe; Alexander Scourby; Larry Haines; William Johnstone; Macdonald Carey; Susan Seaforth Hayes; Margaret Mason; Jonathan Frid; Chris Bernau; Armand Assante; Kathleen Turner; Meg Mundy; Sally Gracie.

Archived