Y&R: Phyllis finally recast

• Members

I loved Wendy Monizs but she was a much darker Dinah. Gina came on like 5 years after Wendy left. Gina riveted me in her Emmys reels from 2006 and 2008. She learned how to bring it as Dinah. Kelly was her first role but Dinah she learned how to act. Why would Gina want Victoria which is a good role over Phyllis which iconic at y and r. Age means nada to me If she is an amazing actress. I think Gina will kill this. Honestly only thing I hated Gina in was her last OLTL stint which stunk and I just felt Kelly was too much of a step down from Dinah for her to go back.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Maura West sort of aged herself by either always having an old lady-type hair style or pretty much having no hair at all. I always remember watching As the World Turns (and especially in the late-1990's and early-2000's), just when Maura's hair was growing long and looking good on her, she would literally chop it all off reminiscent of Annie Lennox in the 1980's or Carol from The Walking Dead.

• Members

Victoria's forgettable now because of the awful actress playing her. She WAS iconic.

Tognoni was great as Dinah, that role suited her. I was bored to tears in her return as Kelly.

Acting wise she'll probably do great but at the end of the day, Y&R's writing is terrible. Those two hacks are not the right fit. And Jill's made some blunders behind the scenes too.

Archived