Y&R: Phyllis finally recast

• Members

I wish they would've made GT Grace Turner (they even have the same initials :P). That's a role that's more suitable. And I hate that they deSORASed Phyllis too, but Billy is looking like he could've birthed her. Again, I love Gina but I could've did without Phyllis. That character has been played out, and she was only compelling when she was in stories with her two rivals--Dru & Diane. They should've just had Phyllis join Dru & Diane in the great beyond. Bring back Grace, who hasn't been on the show in YEARS and go from there. With Grace and Sharon's toxic friendship/past (Grace sleeping with Nick and Grace plotting with Cameron), I would've rather seen that be rehashed. I would've preferred Grace learning about the Phyllis incident and holding it over Sharon's head--all the while, Grace is screwing and falling for Noah now.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If it were up to me, I wouldn't even bring this character back.

JFP's greatest triumph at Y&R was getting rid of Stafford. I wonder if she's using this recast to stick it to her even more. I can imagine her giving the character all the things Stafford probably demanded, LOL.

• Members

I would definitely put Michelle Stafford and Gina Tognoni in the same age group, character-wise, regardless of how old they actually are. P&G soaps have a way of making actresses seem older than they are (Maura West is barely a year older than Rebecca Budig, and circa 2002-2003 you would have never believed it).

• Members

it will be fun reading all the EXCUSES people come up w/ for Gina when this whole thing derails and she's cut...

and I literally can't @ peeps acting like KDP can't act, or like her accent is that intrusive. It's barely noticeable. And she carries her self well enough that she totally fits into the Eve role, that peeps said she was too much of a 'cheap hick' to play.

• Members

You can, because people have the right to reserve their own opinion on her acting and accent. If you don't agree fine, but not like everyone was ever going to be on the same page anyway.

I think she's a terrible actress and so far, I really don't care for what I've seen of her on DAYS. I have nothing against those who see otherwise though.

And it will be funny to see the reactions of those if Gina succeeds in the role. Yeah, she's younger, but that's not the first time this has happened on daytime. If anything, she'll fail mostly because of the terrible writing on the show firstly, not for lack of trying.

• Members

GT looks extremely hard. She has since the late 90s. She may be younger on paper but I doubt she will look that much younger onscreen.

I just don't see the point of the character. Her relationships with black holes like Nick and Jack aren't worth exploring. I guess it could give Sharon something to do.

It's funny because I thought Gina looked younger on GL than she did on OLTL.

• Members

The dark hair helped.

She was great as Dinah, almost like she was born to play the role. I always hated her as Kelly, but I think she was terrific as Dinah. I hope her Y&R material will be more along those lines, the dark nuances/vulnerability.

Archived