Characters/Actors gone from Daytime too soon

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sadly, CBS didn't think anyone was ready for "Jamie." But I think the situation (John falling in love with and eventually marrying the family's longtime maid) was rife with conflict between Mamie and Jill.

• Members

I didn't know Holland Taylor and Frances Fisher were on soaps later! I didn't watch AMC or GL full time and I don't watch DAYS that much either. I usually see Frances Fisher play condescending, self righteous characters so it'd be a blast to see her as a crazy neighbor... to Sami of all people! About when was she on Days?

• Members

Yeah, but Clarke rarely had a serious story, and for years they'd bring him back for a "big" story that dissolved into nothing. He'd show up for the annual Forrester/Spectra showdown, or as Amber's flunkie or whatever. B&B could have used Dan McVicker a whole lot better.

While we're at it---CJ Garrison. He was continually in Rick's shadow, and never had a story of his own that he could really shine in. They probably needed to recast, but that character should have eventually led the charge against the Forresters.

Bryant Montgomery. I disliked Todd Rotondi, but it was a HUGE mistake killing off Craig's son/Lucinda's grandson.

Monti Sharp. I know he had a few roles after GL, but he deserved to be a big star.

• Members

Amanda Setton was OK on OLTL. She was no Andrea Evans (who I love!) but she was no Farah Fath (FF/Gigi was awful and unlikable) either. She did have good chemistry with JVD/Clint. I liked her more on Gossip Girl and The Crazy Ones. Actually, the Crazy Ones made me like Sarah Michelle Gellar again. It's funny cause I thought about putting SMG on my list but I disliked her for years. I like SMG again now after seeing her work on The Crazy Ones.

• Members

Well, at least for a while C.J. had his own storyline when he romanzed Becky (Amber's cousin) and married her before she died. Afterwards he and Amber teamed up to get custody of Becky's son and fought against Deacon. That whole storyline lasted roughly for a year (1/3 of Mick Cain's original run on the show).

But you're right – before that C.J. was only used in the rivalry between Spectra and Forrester and as a confidante for Amber when she had baby trouble with Rick and Raymond. I think he also dated Kimberly very briefly.

When they brought back him back in 2002, he was involved in a triangle with Bridget and his half-brother Mark for like two seconds (which was then dumped in favor of Bridget and Ridge). Afterwards he remained on contract for half a year, but wasn't used at all and was then replaced by Oscar Marone (another pointless character).

• Members

Fiona Hutchison during both of her runs as Gabrielle on OLTL. Actually, her runs on GL as Jenna weren't all that long either (same with her run as Celia on ATWT, although that character, from what I've heard, is not necessarily one that was worth keeping). I could talk all day long about how both Fifi and Gabby deserved better, but do I really need to repeat myself like that? ;)

• Members

Awe I forgot about Gabrielle/FH! It was great seeing Fiona the last week of OLTL's ABC run. Can you believe the way Gabrielle was killed? Unbelievable and disgusting! I'll add Fiona Hutchison to my list.

James Stevenson - Jared, Passions. He was one of their better actors and he was gorgeous! He also had that charisma

John Brotherton - Jared, OLTL

Emily Harper - Fancy, Passions

Josh Casaubon - Hugh Hughes, OLTL

• Members

Yes! I liked Hugh, and he was one of the few (and I mean few) Higley creations. He was charismatic, I liked his chemistry with Marcy, & he was good eye candy. John should've died in that crash over Hugh.

Others:

Bonnie McKechnie BOTH times. Especially the second time with Chauntee Schuler in the role. She had great chemistry with Dusty & Holden that should've been explored. But because P&G is a conservative brand, it wasn't explored. :rolleyes:

Dani Andropolous: IMO, she was that young vixen that she show needed and I would've loved for her to have been the obstacle to Aaron & Allison's romance, which JP was alluding too, but she quickly became Craig's mistress. sleep.png

Maddie Coleman/Alex Chando: ATWT should've did whatever they could've to get her to stay because she was jewel IMO. Maddie was one of the show's last great young heroines. Plus, I loved her with Casey, and I would've loved to see where they went with her next.

Gilly Grant: Sexy. Smart. Driven. Compelling. I feel like GL should've never written Gilly into a corner and gotten rid of her. And they (P&G) should've been bold enough to tell the story they were implying, which was a Gilly/Alan Michael romance.

Julie Camaletti: While I didn't see her during her saccharine days (thank GOD), I loved her as a vixen. She's a character that should've been brought back. Probably would've given Frank something to do....

• Members

The talk about Julie Camaeletti on GL made me automatically think of Hart Jessup and Leonard staab the hunk who played him. I know his exit from the show was necessary due to an accident that left mr Stabb greatly injured but he was my main reason for watching GL back then.

The recast never worked for me.

• Members

I will also add Annie wershing (ex-Amelia) on the list.

Of all the woman almighty Corinthos hooked up with, she was the one who handled him the best. Sonny being treated as a meaningless sex object at her disposal was gold.

And she had chemistry with just about any male she was tossed her way. I think she even managed to make Jasebot the friendly killing cyborg almost viable.

• Members

I often wondered why Monti Sharp's career never really took off after Guiding Light. Remember Monti won both SOD Male Newcomer (a fan voted award, which he won over Antonio Sabato, Jr.) and Younger Actor Daytime Emmy (at the time, he was only the 5th African-American actor to win a Daytime Emmy) in 1993. It looked like he was poised to be the 1990s breakthrough African-American daytime actor, but sadly that didn't happen. Of course we all know the following year Shemar Moore and his six pack arrived on Y&R, and Keith Hamilton Cobb and his dreadlocks arrived on All My Children, and those two ended up becoming the 1990s breakthrough African-American daytime actors.

Archived