Selfie: Discussion Thread

• Administrator

Selfie: Discussion Thread

SELFIE – “Instafamous” Eliza Dooley (Karen Gillan) has 263,000 followers who hang on to her every post, tweet and selfie. But one lonely day, she has a revelation: being friended is not the same as having actual friends. She asks marketing guru Henry (John Cho) to ‘rebrand’ her self-obsessed reputation and teach her how to connect with people in the real world. Loosely based on “My Fair Lady,” “Selfie” explores the modern struggles of Eliza and Henry, as he tries to teach her how to live life offline—whether she ‘likes’ it or not.

“Selfie” stars Karen Gillan as Eliza, John Cho as Henry, Tim Peper as Ethan, Da’Vine Joy Randolph as Charmonique, Allyn Rachel as Bryn and David Harewood as Sam. “Selfie” was written by Emily Kapnek and directed by Julie Anne Robinson, who also serve as executive producers. “Selfie” is produced by Piece of Pie Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Selfie Cast!

10i9s85.jpg

WHO | Karen Gillan (Doctor Who), John Cho (Sleepy Hollow), David Harewood ( Homeland), Tim Peper, Da'Vine Joy Randolph, Allyn Rachel

WHAT | A self-obsessed twentysomething woman is more concerned with likes than being liked. After suffering a very public and humiliating breakup, she becomes the subject of a viral video and suddenly has more social media followers than she ever imagined but for all the wrong reasons. She enlists the help of a marketing expert at her company to help repair her tarnished image.

God I hate the title.

• Members

That photo is awful. I want to punch that jackass on the left.

This is supposed to be Pygmalion.

The title is too much of a fad title.

I hope it works, as I am fond of Karen (and I hope we get some of her DW costars in...have Alex Kingston play her mother!)

• Members

Why do I feel like most new TV series these days are more about the gimmick than anything else? The premise for "Selfie," as written above, sounds like something that could be taken care of in one, maybe two episodes. I wish TV writers and producers would concentrate first on characters and relationships and then find the gimmick that'll sell it to the network. Because, when you think about it, that (the characters) is what makes or breaks a series for viewers.

Oh, and I agree, "Selfie" is a ratchet name.

Archived