Empire: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It really is a bad episode of Empire (and at least in Seasons 1 and 2, it would all play out in a single hour-long episode).  "Jamal's buff, sinewed, glistening Nigerian co-conspirators who enjoy peacocking on the 'gram target Hakeem's baby. Only Jamal, the gay Tupac, can stop them! At the end Lucious pays off the Chicago police and blackmails Jamal into marrying a woman!"

Worse, I believe there is a pic circulating of Lee Daniels cozying up to the two brothers.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Well, I'm glad you can find the humor in this situation.  Right now, I'm too mad over the thought of MAGAts everywhere gloating over the news.   I know this isn't the political thread, but if you ask me, I feel like we've just handed the 2020 election to the GOP.

Yeah, we're screwed in 2020.

Edited by Khan

• Members

No, I don't think that. It's a long way to November 2020 and the alt right will shame itself and the country in many ways between now and then. But I certainly don't think this helps any cause.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Did Nick fake the whole thing? God, I don't remember. I don't think so, no. He did lean on his injuries a bit to try to keep Kyle in the relationship. When he confessed they chalked it up to his PTSD. IIRC he was intended to be part of the summer HS musical story that year (the actor was a Broadway vet) before ABC purged all the gays.

Poor Jurnee (his sister) - about to make a major comeback as Black Canary in the new Birds of Prey film for DC/WB with Margot Robbie, only to face this.

Edited by Vee