Empire: Discussion Thread

• Members

I hope that these rumored reports about Jussie staging the attack are not true. I haven't heard anything about him being written out of Empire. Trai Byers was the one that I had been concerned would be written off the show, because on the fall finale Andre was shown flatlining. And throughout this season Lucious has been shown at a funeral of someone he cared about.

I had thought that person could be multiple people, including Kingsley. I hadn't thought it would be Jamal especially since his character already had a life and death scare on the show after he was shot, a couple of seasons ago.

Edited by xtr

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think Chicago PD is scared shitless on this and doesn't want to say anything public rn bc they have quite a (bad) reputation and it is a very very incendiary situation. If it was up to them I think they'd quietly bury it for the sake of PR and this is the last thing they want. But here we are.

I'd been following this quietly with growing dread for a week or two over the unanswered questions, but I still can't quite believe a major celebrity would do this in the age of 24-7 cameras and social media. If it's true, it's sick and grotesque and does immeasurable damage to so many civil rights causes in 2019. If it's false, several media outlets have a lot to answer for.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I had my own skepticism about the story, but my own counter-narrative was exactly that, why would he lie so extravagantly about something that could so easily be falsified with camera footage? Of course, I don’t know what’s going on in Jussie’s head, and people act foolishly all of the time.

And, yes, if these media outlets got it wrong (as they often do), they need their own reckoning.

Edited by Faulkner