Empire: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

All of this is so bizarre. Fox has denied that he was being let go so if he didn't do this to keep his job there is still the question of why he did do this. Perhaps it was just for attention, but whatever the reason it really is crazy to stage an attack. Politically it won't have any ramifications because it's over a year from the next election and it isn't as if anyone was falsely arrested. It will be as remembered as Morton Downey Jr.'s fake attack.

• Members

I think the nature of our social media environment today will have people moving on fast, and events will speed along. IMO the election will not be affected. That being said, the right wing and MAGA cult will never, ever forget this and will bring it up constantly, not just this year and next year but for decades to come. The toxic stew of our politics is that much worse because of this.

• Members

EDT.  Ack, I just saw that you posted the video @Faulkner  hours so I deleted mine!  I don't often come to this thread because I haven't watched the show in years!

Very interesting that he offered to fly out to Chicago to interview Smollett and never heard back.  Blow, of course is definitely not lacking in compassion but he is not one to softball questions (no offense to  Robin Roberts).

Edited by DramatistDreamer