DAYS: April 2014 Discussion

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OMG I love them so so so so much.

It's a travesty what's happened to Jennifer, too. One of the most popular characters on DAYS for decades is now REALLY REALLY hated. Melissa Reeves must be so proud. Now they just need to shove a Chik-Fil-A bag in a scene and boom! (kidding but seriously ... that sure didn't help).

I'm also disgusted by JJ and Abby throwing themselves on swords to save precious Daniel. And it still really ticks me off they used Jack's rape of Kayla to pretty much turn JJ towards Daniel.

• Members

Yeah. It's not been very good. Thank god for the script writers for turning [!@#$%^&*] into at least a few entertaining lines. I'll take what I can get LOL. Anytime this show focuses on Dannifer the quality just immediately goes down. Not to mention the entire show feels like it's on rinse, wash and repeat until Eve and Kristen show up this summer. And honestly, I'm not looking forward to Eve only because I have a feeling she's the next "Dannifer obstacle" and it will be such a waste of Kassie DePaiva and Eve, however, Eve tormenting Jenny-Jen could be fun, if that's where they're going with this (Kassie's already friends with Arianne, Shawn, etc. so .... it's obvious). However, Kassie would probably work better with Shawn, if we continue to be stuck with him and his albatross of a character.

• Members

Days is killing me right now!

The only thoughts for the week that I Have..

1) This show is so stale right now! Even on an episode where Daniel ISN'T EVEN ON every storyline is revolving around him and his name has come up at least 7 times in dialogue!!! It's insane!! Have we not already proven time and time again that Daniel Jonas is NOT a successful leading character on this show! When our storylines revolve around Danifer's 2543rd attempt at a relationship, JJ propping Daniel and being a teenage Saint with his innocent teenybop girlfriend, Hope playing Suzy Homemaker planning a kid's fundraiser, and Will and Sonny playing house then the show will be crap and the ratings will reflect it!

2) The only good thing I have to say this week is that I do enjoy the plot movement of Will wanting to get a custody agreement. Although this story is not exciting by ANY means, it seems like a fluid and natural story in Will's progression considering his history with Nick and Gabi.

Otherwise, this show has got to get MOVING. They can not just "wait" to tell story and wait around for KDP and ED to arrive to tell good story. We have viable quality characters on our screens NOW - so they need to be used NOW.

Happy Easter all! :)

• Members

That story makes no sense without Jack in the picture. Of course, others will disagree. They'll think it's just fine for someone to lash out at his dead father, who isn't there to take it OR try like hell to show the boy how he isn't the man he was back then. But that's okay.

• Members

Yes but also played a dead relative of Allison's in the Superstition arc (Rebecca Carrington (April 5, 2002 to June 17, 2002). She & Kevin were Locked in a painting by a candle or something and Rafe's locket freed them

• Members

IA. Frankly, without Frankie there for Eve and Jennifer to fight over (again), what's the point? And if Eve IS slated to be yet another obstacle for Jennifer and Daniel...well, that's just contrived as hell.

If DAYS wants to bring back Eve Donovan, that's fine. If nothing else, it might guarantee future appearances from Shane. I just hope they give that character something good to interest the folks at home.

Happy Easter to you as well! Keep those DAYS thoughts coming, they're great to read! :)

• Members

It's been drivel for a long while. DAYS is just not DAYS! This is why I stay watching old classic episodes. Sure the current writers have had some sparks here and there. But these writers are incapable of maintaining good story or propelling engaging storylines.

Archived