DAYS: April 2014 Discussion

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree. They need something big to top this. One of Trassions biggest failures, and there were many, is that they had fake out after fake out and if something rarely met a conclusion, it was not worth all the time spent leading to it. On Trassions, the audience waited 5 years to learn what was in TC's mystery shed (he'd visit when he was upset, which was all the time), only for the shed to turn into a 5 car garage housing the car that hit him 20 years prior.

• Members
Oh I know. I was a Passions viewer. I was over it by 2001 with the ridiculous Sheridan/Antonio amnesia story and what felt like a year spent in Bermuda. By 2003 I was completely done. Tried again in 2004/2005 but still couldn't get back into it. The last few years were just awful dreck. Such a disappointment as a whole, and IMO, the show had some promise from 1999 until the double wedding in 2001, it all went downhill around 2002 and really never recovered.

• Members

What a great episode - mostly due to Sweeney & Scott doing the damn thing.

The fake out didn't bother me. It was a solid episode and gave great insight to how well ej knows Sami. Or thinks he does. This was a very typical Sami Brady reaction. I hope her actual reaction is more quiet and she just walks out on him and then plots his death.

• Members

That does not mean it was good or the right thing to do to an audience. Fans wait for pay offs - not lazy stall tactics until enough time has passed to Sweeps.

The other shows being extremely bad does not necessarily make what happened yesterday good.

• Members

I actually loved some things about Passions but the fake outs were absurd. Some of them were funny but the rest were painful, especially about Little Ethan's paternity and all the tabloid stuff that dragged out for years and years.

This fake out was even more obvious. And it went on for literally 15 seconds. One of the reasons it was so obvious was because Nicole certainly wouldn't give herself up that easily. And the acting from everyone was worse than usual, which was another of many hints. It was like it was deliberately being played for laughs, not that I blame them.

I didn't like Galen on Passions or here on DAYS for awhile but his acting's improved. He's more relaxed and less hammy. He used to talk like a machine gun but he talks normally now. He and Jordan have no chemistry though.

I can't believe I used to really dislike Meredith Scott Lynn. That was before I saw her on Days. I enjoy her every day she's on DAYS. And love her character too. I want to see Anne end Daniel.

I'm all for anyone that ends Dannifer. Even if it's something as inexplicable and obvious as Liam.

Archived