DAYS: April 2014 Discussion

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know she doesn't have a lot of fans around here, but Gabi slapping Sami for barging in all loud going off on her like that was the best soap slap I've seen in a long time. You could tell it was a long time coming, and the look on Gabi's face was perfect. I let out an, "OOOOOHH!" Sami has a good memory, I'm not sure that many people would make the shoe connection.

• Members

Thoughts on the week that was!

1) I love Stefano already knowing about the EJ/Abby affair. He just blurted it out like he's known all along! I love Joe. Good plot twist on Joe being involved.

2) WilSon honeymoon - boring! Am I really supposed to believe that Will and Sonny spend their honeymoon wrapped in white robes talking about WHO? NICK AND GABI!! really? No love scene? No candlelight dinner in the hotel room? No bubble bath? Instead, we're going to lay around talking about Nick! Disappointed.

3) I am really let down with the whole Sheryl thing. I understand the whole Jordan storyline is being "revamped" and needs to be beefed up. But Sheryl is the BEST thing about Jordan's storyline! She actually has potential with Lucas and is a good actress!! Please bring Jade back!!!

4) It was touching that the show remembered Lexie this week and the emotional scenes Jim Reynolds played with Missy about feeling guilty about "moving on," etc. I appreciated that as a Lexie fan.

5) I'm enjoying Aiden/Hope's slow build up. They seriously are the best part about the show right now.

6) I'm like creepy Liam - but only because he is making Daniel look bad... however, that will all be reversed when the truth comes out and everyone finds out Daniel was drugged and Daniel looks like a "hero" once again. SMH.

7) Susan Seaforth Hayes :) That's all.

8) Abe/Maxine scenes were touching as well.. I would love to see a slow budding romance with these two over the next 6mo- year and then see Abe drop down on one knee and see an Abe/Maxine wedding! We need some Theo/Maxine interaction though too!

• Members

I totally agree, Khan. Until 1984 when the show let the Hayes', Jed Allan, Lanna Saunders and several others, it seemed like ill and Susan were being groomed to be the next Tom and Alice. I would love it if they stayed in town to be those talk-to characters for the younger generations.

• Members

Who better to counsel all those sick fools on the vagaries of love than the duo who virtually wrote the book on the subject? DAYS is at its best, IMO, when it leaves all the gimmicks at the curb and sticks to the hearts-and-flowers family stuff.

And no, making Doug and Julie the new Tom and Alice doesn't mean domesticating them to the point of turning them into Pa and Ma Kettle. That's an idiotic notion, to be perfect and frank. Doug and Julie can be as frisky and adventurous and eternally youthful as always and STILL be there to provide a few good words and a strong shoulder to lean on.

• Members

Agreed! I would LOVE them in this role. I mean the show could even still keep them on recurring and use them in this capacity. Just have Doug and Julie move back to Salem full time. Have them appear in 2-3 episodes per month. They wouldn't even have to have a set to be their "house." Just have them mention buying a house somewhere in town and they could easily pop in the Horton House, Brady Pub, Town Square, Club TBD, etc.

Archived