DAYS: April 2014 Discussion

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sorry I dont see a reason why they shouldnt have gotten married.

Ok they are like 21-22 but they dated 18 months. Straight couples do that all the time. WShy should gays have different sets of rules?

• Members
oh sit down and stop trying to turn this into a straight vs gay thing. I don't think anyone in today's age should be marrying when they are barely 21. And that has nothing to do with sexual orientation. I have no issue with Sonny marrying bc he is supposed to be older and more experienced but Will is too young. He's barely out of his teen years and has little life experience. Sonny is not only his first but only major male relationship. There is so much more to life and he's limiting himself settling down so soon. His entire adult existence has been defined by Sonny and I think Will is doing himself a disservice by having his world revolve around one person so early in his life. I can see where Sonny may feel like Mr Right but it's more like right now. Realistically the two will likely divorce by the time he's 30. On this show, more like 25.

As far as gays having a different set if rules, you are one that scoffs whenever someone suggests the show spices these two up by having one cheat even though that's a soap staple that allege straight couples go through. So who is wanting the different set of rules here?

• Members

Personally I feel cheating is so over done on daytime regardless of the couples sexuality. To me it just seems like an old standby writers use when they cant think f anything esle to cause problems. Personally Internal issues always work better for me as a viewer than external ones. I guess we will see what Days has planed.

I liked Will & Sonny when they worked together to take down Nick re Will's confession. So maybe they can get caught up in more capers.

• Members

Cheating is over done but Will and Sonny are sooooooo boring. And I agree they should not be getting married. It's because they don't know what else to do with them. I also don't buy Sonny as so eager to settle down and marriage is all he ever wanted. GMAB. I mean, maybe if they had him talk about how he was tired of living everywhere, wants to settle down, even though he's young, etc.

Though I agree young couples get married all the time, doesn't mean they should. My 22 year old buddy had a kid at 20, and nope, they aren't together anymore. Not that they got married but that's waaaaay too young.

• Members

yes they are so boring and a big part of the problem is Will. He may have been annoying but the character worked better when he was a prick. Instead of channelling all that rage towards Sami a year or two ago, they should have just incorporated that into his character. Given his upbringing, it would make sense for Will to remain a bit of a douche, someone who caused trouble bc he didnt know better and was just generally flawed but strived to want to better, possibly bc he didnt want to mess things up with Sonny. As it stands, all of Will's flaws have been erased and is just perfect. Perfect = boring. There is nothing to work with there as he is all smiles and sunshine. They've almost written him into a corner and this marriage was the last thing that should have happened as it only helped cement that.

An affair isnt necessarily the first thing I want to see, but I think he needs to screw up and big to hake things up and tarnish his halo. It would feel completely realistic for him to realize that he got in way over his head a few months down the line once the honeymoon bliss has worn off. Stress and challenges with being a father

could be enough to start driving that wedge. Make him his own worse enemy with he being bored and unfulfilled with his life and a new person stepping in to entice and show him the excitement and passion he is lacking with Sonny bc deep down, I do feel as if Sonny is a replacement for the stability he lacked as a child and he's desperate to hold onto that bc of all the chaos he went through with his parents many breakups with each other and others. This could be a good story angle if handled properly but it feels like they want to handle the gay couple with kid gloves and play it super safe with them. Yawn. I guess we can sit and watch Will sh-t rainbows in the meanwhile

• Members

I wonder why they made it a point to talk about the pictures Abby and JJ found to display, yet didn't show them. A nod to history with the characters talking while looking at those pics would have been a nice touch. I agree about Caroline's speech being touching. She was fantastic playing her Alzheimers beats.

Archived