DAYS: April 2014 Discussion

• Members

OMG, we are STILL on Jennifer's checkbook. I cant with this show

I LOVE the shade Marlena was slinging towards John. She aint got time for his bullsh-t!

Roman was out of line to approach John and tell him to step up and be a father to his grown ass 30 something year old son.

What kind of wedding reception ends in the afternoon? Most go on through the night. I cant believe some people left and went back to work at the hospital. Im sure they were all drinking too. WTF?!?!

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't have a problem with Sami being jealous of her son's wedding. What I do have a problem with is when her son is Will and she's jealous of him. Will is a loser. Very hard to look at and none of his actors could act.

Nicole needs a fashion consultant now. I expect more from her. And she needs to do something else with her hair. Still love Ari though.

Liam is just creepy. But I'm all for it if he kills Daniel Jonas. Daniel looks so gross on any woman.

Nicole's fantasy almost got me. Almost! If Sami had been the one to give her that parting shot, I would have thought it was real.

• Members

But ultimately what difference does it make? Marriage really isn't the binding contract it used to be and that's been bad for soaps (although arguably good for individuals). Marriages aren't high stakes anymore, although soaps have desperately trying to act like they are for the last 25 years or so, while at the same time having characters get married 15 times (Erica, Brooke, Nikki/Victor). If this marriage doesn't work out, Will and Sonny will get divorced like all the soap couples before them, no harm no foul.

What Will has really done to screw up his life is have a baby with the wrong person. That's the kind of mistake that can haunt you forever. Soaps tend to sugar coat the sort of everyday grind having to co-parent can lead to. Will's basically at Gabby's mercy (and vice versa) and I can't imagine anything worse than being at the mercy of a twit like Gabby. She can marry any loser or psycho and Will just has to deal with that person being in his daughter's life.

Then you have Sonny, who is in the precarious position of thinking he's Adrianna's second father. I've seen people go through this in real life and I've never seen it end well, unless both people have legal custody. The law of averages says it must sometimes, but I've literally never seen it happen. Either people break up and the non biological parent is cut out or after the first bloom of love wears off, one person is always reminding the other who the real parent is.

• Members

The problem is he never really was a prick. He was just a one-note brat. He never did anything. He made stupid faces and I think he stole a paper once. Shocking.

The character has never been well-written or very interesting.

• Members

Here's my thoughts for the week!

1) This may be a little long - but I loved all the buildup to the wedding! The bachelor party was great! I loved T's "accident" and getting a female stripper and the way that was played, T's toast, and Abby/Gabi's toasts were all great. I love that the T/Will friendship is so well preserved - I actually believe they have been friends since elementary school. The anticipation of Marlena's certificate not coming in on time and EJ going to Chicago to get it was classic I thought!! I loved all the family interaction between Sami/Marlena, Eric/Will and the "cheeseheads", Lucas and Sami remembering "our little boy," Victor telling Sonny how proud he is of him, Sami telling Will he is the perfect son, etc. Such great family interaction.

2) I love how the show played Caroline's nervousness about forgetting her speech and then when she actually gave it everyone thinking "what is she talking about?" It was a classic and well-delivered speech and I love how they integrated gay history and social change into the Brady's own storyline.

3) I love how the show incorporates Casey Moss playing the guitar! I remember in the early 2000s seeing Jason Cook play the piano a few times at the Brady Pub.. but I love it when they allow the actors to play instruments and work that into storyline.

4) I always felt a little disappointed that in Will's "coming out" story, everyone eventually "came around." I felt there should have been one character (Roman or Caroline maybe?) who continued to have a problem with Will being gay. However, looking back in the long run - if they followed that path it would have created problems in character development and story long term I think. HOWEVER, I think Days did a great thing this week by showing the antagonism by having a character NOT be accepting of the gay marriage - and by making that character a day player.. Victor's business partner. The dialogue there was so great! And it was great to see Victor stand up for his family.

5) Best acting of the week I think went to Ali Sweeney. She played the part of a proud momma SO WELL! I really think Ali was able to tap into the connectedness she shares to the character of Will Horton and genuinely feels like a mother to that character and it showed in her acting. Everyone did a great job - but I feel that Ali rocked those scenes at the wedding!

6) Another highlight were Justin & Lucas speeches! They were both classic family moments... and Sami/Adrienne fighting over the toast afterwards was also great!!! I loved how Will & Sonny had to be the ones to calm that situation down (as Will and Sonny are very accustomed to!) A good fitting touch!

7) Did everyone else notice there was a CARRIE mention!! And even better.. a mention of Carrie's "little one"!!!! I'm glad they addressed why Carrie and Austin were not there, considering Carrie/Austin have played nearly second parents to Will - and I'm so glad that the writers remembered that Carrie and Austin last left town pregnant. I want a name of this baby in the next 3 years please!

8) Another favorite moment this week was after the wedding - the moment between Will/Kate... Kate has always been there for Will and while I absolutely LOVE the grandmother relationship Will has with Marlena - I love that the special relationship that he has with Kate was also remembered! And the writing that Kate taught Will some mean poker skills was a good fitting touch :)

9) I'm really liking creepy Liam and I really really really really want Liam to be Peter Blake! PLEASE Days make this happen! It would be PERFECT with ED returning this summer - Peter and Kristen both on screen wreaking havoc on Salem!! PLEASE PLEASE Days!!!

10) Line of the week: Ciara says "I told you it was fancy enough to wear my good earrings!" - Ciara Brady rocks my Salem world!!!

Line NOT of the week: hearing Josh Taylor say the words "two horny teenagers" to Brady and Teresa. No thanks. Give me Ciara instead.

• Members

Ali's definitely always done well playing the proud mom and I honestly feel like she gives a lot more when it involves the character of Will or Lucas, or someone she feels is important to Sami. It's obvious in her performances.

Archived