DAYS: March 2014 Discussion

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No. All we know is that he's working on a case. Theres nothing to suggest that it has anything to do with his family. IA with Toups; Bo is a douchebag and this is OOC for him. He's basically abandoning his family for 2 years. I cant see him walking away from them for that long and now with no contact. There is no excuse the writers can come up with that can justify him doing this. I bet the way to redeem him will be to say he was kidnapped or something bc to have him of his own free will leave them to work on a case is pretty sh-tty if you ask me. If it was a few weeks fine, but not well over a year

• Members

Yes, there are so many Reilly-isms in show currently. I love it! I love that the current writers and producers of the show has recognized that DAYS has been defined by Reillyesque writing for a while now and has become part of the shows identity (good or bad). But the writers have managed to put a more grounded spin on their Reilly-isms and made it more character driven with a mix of plot, much like his mid 90s writing style and his early GL writing style. It works perfectly for me.

However, John and Marlena's relationship is VERY unReilly-like. Jarlena used to be my favorite couple on this show but sadly, I now hate them together and it is mainly due to the writing for John and Drake Hogestyn's portrayal of him. Even with the writing, if Drake could play simultaneous conflicting emotions at the same time, it wouldn't be as bad. Drake plays John as so angry and bitter and hateful of Marlena which makes no sense given their history. Deidre plays Marlena as being confused, a bit taken aback and frustrated at John's treatment of her, but I still get the sense that Marlena loves John because its just impossible to hate him given their history. When Drake plays John as just angry, without a subtext of "this is the woman I loved for decades and still care for deep down", it messes up the Jarlena magic and chemistry. So at this point, I am just all for this pairing to be through. After all these years of investment in the ups and downs of Jarlena from the early 90s when John was Roman, I honestly feel betrayed by this show. The Jarlena issue and the Bo issue are currently the biggest negatives about the show for me. One thing about Reilly though...he definitely knew who his audience wanted to see on their screens and legacy characters were important to him.

• Members

okay. Stefano isn't doing anything to his family. They've been pretty much non-existant to him for quite some time now. He's not a threat. If that is his reason for leaving then he's an even bigger a-hole and a dummy at that bc Stefano knows he's been away from his family on a case for over a year. Its not like he wouldn't brief his people.

Archived