DAYS: January 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just don't think they wanted to write for her, A and B, they were probably leaving her on hold because weren't there brief talks with Reckell last year that went nowhere? Or am I imagining that? And because they film a gazillion years in advance, the longer she languishes, so I can see that being the case, but I still don't feel they want to write for her. It's basically Ciara and she's Ciara's mom. Not that I'm complaining, I'd watch Ciara each and every day if there weren't child labor laws I assume that restricts her airtime.

• Members

Honestly, I was never into Princess Gina. I never found KA convincing as Princess Gina with the fake Eurotrash accent. I liked Nightime Hope because she was hilarious, karate-chopping that doctor, but the story itself went nowhere.

I much prefer Hope as she is now, police commissioner and mother. Ciara has given Hope life more than Bo has done for a good 10 years. And BTW I think Bo (as played by PR) is as tied to Hope as Hope is to Bo. It was the character under RKK who was "allowed" to have other relationships with Carly and with Billie. No shade on PR but he did not have the sexy chemistry with either CC or the women who played the Billies. Ick, I still shudder when I think of that "love" scene between CC and PR when she mauled him like a pro wrestler. RKK, for all his nasty backstage proclivities, oozed sexiness with both CC and LR.

But back to Hope. I think she needed this time to settle on the canvas as essentially a single mother. Bope were an iconic pairing for years so I can respect that they needed to rest her a little after the MarDar disaster. Right about now, though, I'd like to see a little more of her. KA does have chemistry with so many characters on the show, including Vargas (who they can always bring back) and Rafe (though I don't want Hope lumbered with that jackass -- Kate is well rid of him). I would love it if Julie and Doug were on more, too. I still get the happy giggles when I think of that "Magic Donuts" scene featuring many of the Horton women.

• Members

Amen sister (or brother) and Happy New Year!

I pretty much agree with everything you said. I thought last week was rather solid, and the episodes leading up to NYE were great. I enjoyed Brady's intervention -- and the fact that he fooled everybody into thinking he really wanted to get sober. Also the Ejami scenes were great. I am really hooked on this pairing because Days really works hard to play all the beats and different twists and turns in their feelings and emotions. They are the best written major pairing on soaps right now, IMO.

JJ/Abby sitting on the bench watching the fireworks was such a sweet, intimate scene between two siblings, without being saccharine or forced. It actually made my heart soar watching it.

Kate is amazing and I love it when she is on. EXCEPT when she is in scenes with Jordan/Rafe. I hate that snoozetastic pairing with the fire of a thousand suns. This would be a good time for Rafe to be written out and Jordan to turn out to be somebody interesting.

Bring on this week!

• Members

No way, Cheap, don't even put that into the soap ether! I wouldn't wish Smell the Fart & Sniff My Fingers on anybody.

Moreover, McHairychest's penis called, it says it needs a delousing and a vacation from all the women who want to touch it. I wouldn't be against a chem test with Liam but I personally think Hope needs a stronger character. Perhaps a naughtier character, too. I know they've been there, done that but... Justin?

• Members

I don't think they'd put her between one of the super couples and lets face it, it would be a dead end pairing as he'd eventually get back with Adrienne. They could have revisited it last summer when the two were on the outs over Sami's trial but I guess another missed opportunity

This will never happen but I'd love for Peter to return and hook up with Hope. Jennifer would be LIVID and I think a real pairing with a Dimera would be an interesting development for her given the sordid history she has with Stefano

• Members

If they brought back Jason Brooks, I would be all over it! That man had chemistry like fire! And, actually, that is great idea given the ramifications -- on Jennifer, and on the Bradys.

A taste of what's to come?

Chad popped that cherry, now EJ is going to make it sing.

• Members

I think they just really love Lauren. She's never left the show for one, so they've never had to write her out by having her go to the extreme and having people want her dead. I'm trying to remember times when Kate has been ostracized by everyone, but even when people in town hated her she still always had Billie or Lucas or Austin on her side and since those were seen as somewhat good characters, it made her less evil.

Also Kate's plots have always been out of jealousy or righting a wrong against her children.

• Members

I actually like that scenario.

I'm very curious what they're going to do with Liam, although isn't Mark Collier recurring? Not that it means anything really anymore.

And just for the hell of it, a comparison:

jason_brooks_5166748.jpg vs. mark-collier---jpi.jpg

(PS, I love when I Google Jason Brooks actor, the first suggestions is Jason Brooks actor Melissa Reeves. Heh. Good times)

Archived