DAYS: January 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

I'm still wondering when all these look-alikes that they had casting calls for are going to show up. Was that the Kristen look alike in Brady's "dream" yesterday? Didn't Gabby have a look alike too? Were there any others?

While I loved the Abby and EJ stuff I hate how Abby waits so long to give up her virginity and all of a sudden she's this promiscuous? It just doesn't seem real to me. Soaps often go this route. Once someone gets their cherry popped, they don't seem to care who they sleep with after that.

I'm loving seeing Kate back in power and her working again. I think she is best like this and in revenge mode. Also loved seeing Lucas.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The thing I found interesting about that Abby/EJ hook up is that she seemed to regret it more than he did and they kissed afterward. I was expecting EJ to back away in a major way. I mean, he did say it shouldn't happened, but then he said it was "lovely" and they made out again. I'll be interested to see how this plays out over the next few weeks.

• Members

I'm wondering if the aftermath of the Abby/EJ hook up will play up her history of going after older men (i.e. Austin). Since she lied about sleeping with Austin, I could see that play out if she becomes obsessed with EJ and tries to tell Sami that he and her slept together. I could see Sami not believing her and EJ throwing Abby under the bus while referencing her history of lying in the past.

• Members

Definitely a great twist with EJ/Abby. Their sex scene was pretty hot, I agree, which now makes sense in hindsight why we got scene after scene of EJ and Sami have continuous sex all damn year. The abrupt cut off Sami in his bedroom is a great motivator for EJ's actions here and as many of you have mentioned, Abby's history with Austin, her flirtation with bad boy Chad and getting somewhat bored with Cameron until he proved himself to be a liar too and then abandoned her and the text she got from him on NYE... this is all working for me.

Also, look at Lucas! I love that he's involved in this mini story with Kate, Jordan and Rafe and that he could also have a potential new love interest. And just in time for Sami to find out about EJ/Abby and need someone's arms to run back into...

Edited to add -- this EJ/Abby story also adds a new dimension for Chad, should they decide to recast. Him coming back after all of this comes out and being angry with EJ could be really great.

• Members

Jade still looks great. Its good to see her again. Cheryl Connors sounds like a comic book name...lol. I wonder which recently arrived character is she referring to. Teresa, Liam or Jordan?

I was hoping EJ would stop himself but dang he banged her. I wonder if this is a one night stand or if it will turn into an affair

Jordan and Rafe continue to be boring. BORING. Did anyone catch that I called these two boring?

Brady and Teresa interact the day after its revealed he isn't a Brady....LOL. Not like its painfully obvious where this is going

• Members

OMG! OMG OMG OMG!! I have to say, when it comes to love scenes, Days is usually on point. Instead of 10 seconds of fumbling before the scene fades to black (like on Y&R), Days choreographs a full, soapy love scene -- albeit one that is Daytime friendly (although there was one point where it looked like Abby was seriously riding EJ and not just rolling around under the bedclothes with him). Hot, hot, HOT. Yes!

Days is starting 2014 off with this dramatic turn that is going to have ramifications not just for Ejami but for three core families: the Bradys, DiMeras and Hortons. And if Casey Deitrich doesn't land anything during pilot season, he could come back as Chad for a little bit...

Oh, I think this is definitely the beginning of an affair. Especially the way EJ talked to Abby afterwards. "It was lovely... you are so lovely, smart, brave..." etc, etc. That is not the talk of a man who wants to move on quickly after a mistake of a ONS and forget it ever happened. If anything, it even sounded emotionally manipulative because with all the compliments, he is giving Abby hope that he cares for her for more than sex.

Still, nothing like a scandalous, secret affair on a soap opera!

I just can't with these two. I wish they would get written off tomorrow. I watched Dr. McHairyIdiot confront Salem's one resident drug dealer (and the only one in the US who doesn't pack heat, it seems) and enjoyed that 10,000 times more than Jorf. Especially when Nicole got in on the vigilante act. Jorf make Orangutaniel watchable.

Nice scene between Eric and Jennifer.

• Members

Watched the full episode. That moaning music has got to go!

Jen: I can't mourn your father forever, JJ.

Bitch, STFU! You didn't mourn him at all. You were practically making out with Daniel right over Jack's corpse!

Sheryl is really pretty!

LOL at Nicole saying she and Daniel should ask Roman for jobs at the PD.

Looking forward to seeing Guy Wilson today (or rather tomorrow when I actually watch).

Archived