Y&R: December 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My guess is that this is just filler due to the fact that Jean Passanante hasn't arrived. She and Shelley are meant to be equal Co-HWs, but considering Jean was at GH, then on vacation that pushed their partnership back. I'm sure Shelley isn't going to want to pitch too many stories because it might not mesh with what they want to do as a team. I don't expect a true representation of this team until after both of their names are in the credits.

• Members

I think Shelley has been with the show through transition. Josh left in August. The ratings have been fantastic under Shelley over 5 million twice but since jean P is the pro we won't see the big sweeping steamy romance and excitement until her name is in the credits. Jean has tons more head writing experience then Shelley.

• Members

Have to take a minute to gush about Hillary! I just love that she is being spread around the canvas and interacting with all of the characters and not just the other AA characters. She has great chem with everyone and MM is holding her own with all of them. Having her in scenes with PB melts my heart. Love them. Looking forward to Jill taking on a mother figure to her (if that happens) and I hope Jack become super protective of her.

Love love love Hill! She's such a wonderful addition to the show.

I'm liking Dylan too, and I'm not going to take Nikki serious until MTS does something with that hair! Hopefully, she watched the 1998 eppy and saw what the audience saw.

Avery needs to meet with a gruesome accident! She needs to go. I mentioned this lifeless creature on Twitter and someone, out of nowhere, tells me to get a life because I see no value in Avery. Psycho!

• Members

They really are positioning Hillary in lots of potential scenes and SLs -- and I [!@#$%^&*] LOVE it! So glad that somebody at Y&R for once has picked up on fan sentiment and is working to integrate Hilary even more into the canvas. She really has given Jack life and Jill was back to her usual, hair-tossing self in that elevator scene, working Hilary just as much as Hilary was working her. And Sharon mentoring her, too. Suck on it, Lily!

I saw a SPARK of something with Dylan and Avery yesterday which I never saw with Navery. But IA (sob!) that Avery has outlived her usefulness on this show.

Doth mine ears deceive me? Nick defending his mother to Victor and saying "It would be hypocritical of me to judge since I've done a lot worse"? Amazing! JM did well in those scenes.

I can't with Chelsea & Adam in the preview for today. Conn-URR Conn-URR Conn-URR! STFU!

• Members

Cat, remember this day in case I try to take it back later or someone accuses me of never being objective and/or nice...

But Victoria was really good yesterday. Telling that old fool that Dylan is welcomed as part of her family. That was really good to see, and it distracted me from AH's horrible hair! Denying Nikki's son because Nick got his feelings hurt and over Suzy Homemaker? GMAFB! Victor does not like that another man planted his seed in Nikki even though Victor has children popping up every 5 years! Old bastard! Nikki better stop trying to make this comfortable for Victor. It s/b the other way around!

I didn't get a preview in Chicago, but thanks for warning me that Chadam are in it. I can ff them.

• Members

OK! December 12th 2013.

AH has been stepping up lately. She outacted all the hams off the screen when Delia died -- I felt like Victoria was the only one truly grieved by the whole thing. And yesterday she told Victor and Nick where they could go. It's about 10 years too late and I am still not feeling her interpretation of Victoria as a whole, but I was def on her side yesterday.

• Members

Since Hilary ha no family, it makes sense that they establish relationships with her and other people so that she can have someone who cares when things happen to her. I like it. She will have Jack and Neil playing protective father roles (probably more so Jack than neil)..Jill as a mother role...and Sharon as friend/mentor. I think this.

• Members

I have to disagree, I like Leslie and Angell Conwell has done a good job since her return last year. I do have issues with her pairing with Neil, age difference being one thing but Leslie has been a welcomed character for myself. Leslie is in the vein of Olivia not Dru(Neil always needs a spark, which is why I liked those flashback scenes with Rose) but Neil and Leslie are far more interesting to watch than Neil's previous sleep-inducing pairings.

The spreading around of Hillary with Jack, Jill and Sharon is also something I very much approve off as well.

• Members

Also like Leslie. Just not with neil. But I don't see them putting her with anyone else because i read somewhere that this pairing with Neil was why she was given a contract. Definitely ain't Dru. But evrryone doesn't have to be Dru. Besides, i have Hilary to fill that void now.

• Members

I liked Leslie at one point, but she doesn't have an ounce of chemistry with Neil. I also don't think she's anything like Olivia. I miss Olivia. She was far more interesting than given credit for. At this point I'd much rather Olivia and Nate on contract compared to Neil and Lily. They need to do something. Why do none of his pairings work? Leslie needs to be interacting with Nick, Adam and Dylan and people in that age range.

Archived