Y&R: December 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bring on Lisa Bonet, I bet they'd have chemistry (lol). Kidding.

It's an interesting query though. Should you hire an actor just to pair them with another actor? Or should you hire talented, versatile actors, focus on writing compelling story and let the chips fall where they may? I know which one I'd choose.

In KSJ's defense though, many of the story lines that have been written featuring him in recent times have been pretty poor. They've either been half-baked or just bad ideas, through and through and I don't think KSJ was in the mood to sell badly written stories, very few actors on this show demonstrate that capability.

• Members

The only immediate, smashing chemistry I saw for Kristoff was with Sharon when Dru died. Had they paired them and not been afraid to give screentime to an AA actor, then they could've been a couple big enough to rival Nick/Sharon. Of course, at this point who knows if it could work, but that would've saved both characters so much out of character humiliation.

• Members

For the same reason none of Jack's pairings work.

Y&R keeps throwing them into relationships with no consideration to who the characters are or if the characters need to be in a relationship at the time.

KSJ had a ton of chemistry with Vicky & Sharon Case.

He also had decent chemistry with Tonya Williams, Jess Walton, Heather Tom & Amelia Heinle.

However until Neil is allowed to grow beyond being a token none of his pairings will work because he (like every other Y&R character) will be repeating the same unsuccessful stories.

• Members

It was Phyllis being Phyllis finding out that the big recent tragedy of her life (her child's paternity being a lie, her child living a lie for 18 years) was all manufactured by Sharon and Phyllis being Phyllis, she wanted to reveal the truth asap. I don't even like Phyllis, but the reason she was freaked out and in a rush to tell everyone what Sharon did is because Sharon did what she did. What else was she supposed to do? Pull up a gravestone and talk it out with Sharon? Let it go for the night and calmly tell Nick and Jack later, if she had the time? One thing I understand is Phyllis's feeling that the truth had to be revealed asap.

Archived